• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who recieved their v2 buffers already!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: who recieved their v2 buffers already!?

It was like 12 degrees here in No. California.....it was 25-30 all day. a bottle of water in my car froze halfway.....

Too cold for now to do anything with my cars
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by ZoranC View Post
      What was the temperature in San Anonio, Texas yesterday? 50-ish?
      I don't know about San Antonio, but here in Dallas, it's been mid 30s and drizzle all week....

Comment

Originally posted by William_F View Post
        I don't know about San Antonio, but here in Dallas, it's been mid 30s and drizzle all week....
        Too cold for my taste.

Comment

^^^ Me too. It stopped raining and the temps are up to probably the low 40s. Makes me wish I'd brought a buckt, some MFs and that quart of ONR I just bought to work today. Could have washe don my lunch break

Comment

Gave mine a try the other day and loved it. Feels very comfortable while using it, unlike others that I have tried.

Comment

got mine about 3 days before christmas...ive used it 3 times so far, only for applying nxt 2.0 on the finishing pad...and i gotta say even at the highest speed (no i wasnt applying wax at speed 6) its very easy to hold, doesnt twist your wrist in different directions, and isnt wobbly and out of control..its so calm you can hold it with one hand and it wont over power you the slightest bit
              Addicted

Comment

Hoping to order mine within the next couple of weeks. Which reminds me, I have a quick question. I'm going to order 2 6-packs of the 7-inch pads (did all those numbers throw you off there for a minute? ). I'll get a couple cutting pads (hard GM clear on Cutty laughs at the polishing pad), maybe a couple finishing pads (though I'd rather do my LSP by hand, so I'm unsure on that point), and the rest will be polishing pads. My question is, I was thinking about ordering the 6 pack of the 4-inch 2.0 pads. Is that a good idea, or is it unnecessary? I guess I was just thinking for getting in tighter areas or whatever. Thanks for your help!
                Shane
                1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                  Hoping to order mine within the next couple of weeks. Which reminds me, I have a quick question. I'm going to order 2 6-packs of the 7-inch pads (did all those numbers throw you off there for a minute? ). I'll get a couple cutting pads (hard GM clear on Cutty laughs at the polishing pad), maybe a couple finishing pads (though I'd rather do my LSP by hand, so I'm unsure on that point), and the rest will be polishing pads. My question is, I was thinking about ordering the 6 pack of the 4-inch 2.0 pads. Is that a good idea, or is it unnecessary? I guess I was just thinking for getting in tighter areas or whatever. Thanks for your help!
                  The W7207 Cutting pad is not recommended for use with the D.A as they tend to haze up the paint and you may end up in a situation you cannot get yourself out of, stick to the polishing pad.
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                    The W7207 Cutting pad is not recommended for use with the D.A as they tend to haze up the paint and you may end up in a situation you cannot get yourself out of, stick to the polishing pad.
                    When we had that detailing get together in Murfreesboro, MOL member DrdetailNashville let me try M105 on a Meg's polishing pad on the PC7424 to see what it would do for the swirls on my Olds. It barely made a dent. Moved up to a Meg's cutting pad on the PC7424 using M105 and removed 90 - 95% of the swirls with really no hazing. So apparently I need a cutting pad. He used M105 with the wool pad on the rotary to remove some deeper scratches on the trunk. Again, relatively no hazing or hologramming. That's some frickin' hard clear!
                    Shane

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                      When we had that detailing get together in Murfreesboro, MOL member DrdetailNashville let me try M105 on a Meg's polishing pad on the PC7424 to see what it would do for the swirls on my Olds. It barely made a dent. Moved up to a Meg's cutting pad on the PC7424 using M105 and removed 90 - 95% of the swirls with really no hazing. So apparently I need a cutting pad. He used M105 with the wool pad on the rotary to remove some deeper scratches on the trunk. Again, relatively no hazing or hologramming. That's some frickin' hard clear!
                      It may not always haze up the paint, but it can [and will] and pretty badly on some cars too.

Comment

I only use the cutting pads with a microfiber bonnet to remove the wax.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Just got my v2 today!
                          Shane

Comment

nice converstion...........

Comment

I'd like to hear a feedback from the happy owners from this tread.

I believe they used their DA's by now and can help us who want to buy the same thing.

Is it really worth it?

Comment

I have purchased 2 G110V2 DAs through ADS and the first was in Novemeber 09 when they first came out and it failed about 3 months later ... called them up and shipped it out and they replaced it with a new one in March. New one worked fine up until last week and crapped out with the same POWER CORD issue. At that time I purchased a "back up" polisher and it TOO sounds abnormal ... grinding sound at start up.
                                We'll defiantely have to see how this one holds up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');