• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time using Megs DA polisher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time using Megs DA polisher?

Hey guys,fficeffice" />

This is my first time using a DA I was told it was alot easier to work with then using a typical rotary buffer not sure exactly how to use it. Ok so I will list my game plan below

The car: 2008 Lexus IS250 Smokey Granite Mica (very dark colored car) washed once a week and has not been waxed since February so it really needs some work.

Full wash with gold class
    Wipe down
    Megs clay bar kit (I wipe off the detailer as go I do not let the detailer dry to the car)
    Wipe the car again to make sure it’s clean

Ok now this is where I do not know exactly what to do I wish I could find a video of someone using the Megs DA that would really help but I will list below how I planned on buffing the car.

Megs DA – Megs soft foam (YELLOW) polishing pad – Megs swirl remover or scratch x or compound wasn’t sure here what use?

Megs DA- Megs soft foam (BLACK) Finishing pad – with either some type of polish or next gen sealant wasn’t sure what to use here either. (Does megs make a polish?)

Sorry if this seems confusing guys and sorry for my lack of detailing skills just new to this and thought someone here could help me. If anyone could give me any info at all it would deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Re: First time using Megs DA polisher?

I advise marking your pads with a sharpie for two reasons.

A) So you don't mix products when you're switching between pads.

B) So that you can tell if the pad is rotating when you're applying pressure to it.

I'll try to post more if I remember where the other threads are.

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post
      I advise marking your pads with a sharpie for two reasons.

A) So you don't mix products when you're switching between pads.

B) So that you can tell if the pad is rotating when you're applying pressure to it.

I'll try to post more if I remember where the other threads are.
      Ok good Idea you have any info on how to properly use teh DA or how I should go about waxing the car?

Ryan

Comment

I suggest reading through this

This thread also has a huge selection of links to read through.

As for waxing... I prefer applying wax by hand because I had something stuck on my pad/bonnet when I was removing wax with the DA and it caused some marks in my paint. Rather frustrating after you've just perfected the surface.

But if you're careful, waxing with the DA can be quicker.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');