• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Touch

I recently bought a gallon of Last Touch for use as clay lube and as a spray detailer. It works great as a clay lube (not to mention that I seemed to use about 1/2 of what I normally do? Maybe the sprayer had something to do with that as well), and just as great as a spray detailer! I was simply tired of spending $5 on a tiny little bottle of QD, so this was a much more economical decision for a product that works! Two thumbs up! One for the performance and one for the price! The day after this (yesterday) at the second Mustang GTG this weekend, the car sure was being looked at a lot. Some people took some time looking at it, started walking away, then turned around and went back to look at it some more, lol.

Re: Last Touch

Your car looks great Tyler, the way black deserves to look.

What I did was save all my used up QD bottles and filled them up with Last Touch at 1:1 for claying.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

your car looks awesome.. :]

and Last Touch seems to be very handy to keep around in the car and in the garage :]
      Ganesa,
      Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

As Tuck mentioned you can mix LT with water at 1:1 for clay lube. So you now have 2 gallons of clay lube for under $20 ($10/gallon).

Comment

Looks wet!

Love that product and so do my customers.
          David M. Sylican
          Innovative Detailing
          Headlight Lens Restoral
          Detailing Caddy
          Join us on Facebook

Comment

Tyler, your Mustang looks fantastic! That is the way all Black cars should look like. Great work.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments all! I do have two bottles for LT, one for clay lube and on for QD work. Works great for both!

Comment

Wait you're not supposed to use LT straight? I used it 1:1 with water for detailing... hmmm

Comment

Meguiar's recommended dilutions:

Full strength for QD
                  1:1 for claying

Comment

I cut mine down to 1:1 for QD'ing, it was streaking on me. So far so good, but I *think* I may be able to use more LT. I think I'll try 2 parts LT to 1 part water when the rain lets up to see if it will streak.
                    2009 Meguiar's VW Bus Extreme Make Over Team.

Comment

Originally posted by SocalEuro View Post
                      I cut mine down to 1:1 for QD'ing, it was streaking on me. So far so good, but I *think* I may be able to use more LT. I think I'll try 2 parts LT to 1 part water when the rain lets up to see if it will streak.
                      i know what you mean by last touch streaking...but it only did that to me when i applied it at night when the temperatures were below 40...the cold weather doesnt allow any excess to dry up on its own and leaves streaks..what temperature are you applying Last touch in that the product is streaking ? if its in cold weather, thats the problem
                      Addicted

Comment

It works awesome as a drying aid to Tyler!
                        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                          Rasky, how do you use it as a drying aid ? do you just mist a little on each panel while the car is still wet and then proceed to dry like normal ? i am going to try this next time i wash
                          Addicted

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                            I hadn't thought of that. I used to use the regular QD all the time, but I guess since I've only had time to hand wash a car about 2 or 3 times in the past 6 months, if not longer, it slipped my mind

Comment

Does LT leave a high gloss like UQW ? Does LT help hide fine scratches and swirls? Does LT have any lasting qualitys like UQW?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');