• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you concerned about hard water spots when washing and drying your vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you concerned about hard water spots when washing and drying your vehicle?

I don't have too much trouble here where I live. Our water is softened, so I have no trouble with hard water issues.

JRau in central Iowa
    It's GREAT going Cadillac!
    The Standard of the World.

Comment

Re: Are you concerned about hard water spots when washing and drying your vehicle?

Originally posted by Lydia View Post
      Totally off topic here, but what kind of tank do you have? I, too, have an "aquarium hobby".
      I have two freshwater tanks (10g and 30g)

So sorry I responded so late!

I must have missed an e-mailer or something.
      r. b.

Comment

ugh. I hate water spots! And this is an old thread
        BMW Carbon Black '99 Dakota R/T (Click Here)

Comment

i drank some water do water gotta be good huh
          alberto gorin
          known as gorin002

Comment

They are a concern for me, but they aren't a problem. We have hard water around here, but I always dry my vehicle right after I was and I us a QD to get whatever has already dried if it is a really hot. So, I never really have a problem with them.
            Born to be hated;Dying to be loved.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited...1967 Ford Mustang 5.0...2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Comment

i hate water spots. i think it takes away from the look of the car

Comment

yea that is true because i use it and it does help

Comment

I keep my car wet until it is time to dry it off then after doing that I wipe it down with NXT Quick Detail spray or NXT Spray Wax. My only problem is rain and my car parked outside.
                  ---
                  Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

It's the only reason why I installed a water softner.

Comment

I voted no because I don't live in an area with hard water so it doesn't bother me when washing or drying.

However, I do fear the sprinklers anywhere I go.
                      1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
                      1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
                      1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

I am concern about hard water spots on my car. So, after washing my car and dried, I usually grab my Final Inspection or Last Touch to get rid of water spots.

Comment

brilliant black pearl paint on the wagon and i absolutly cant stand water spots on her.
                          '06 Brilliant Black Pearl Magnum R/T AWD
                          '95 Super Black Nissan 240 SX/SE Edition

Comment

not at all....we have a whole house reverse osmosis water purification system!

Comment

Absolutely.

San Antonio water is high in mineral deposits. (H2O comes from a limestone aquifer) Our RX8 has several "drip zones" inherent in the design....the exterior rearview mirrors, the rear glass, and a molded part at the top of the doors where they meet the quarter panel, all are notorious among RX8 owners for hiding water that can't be dried with a chamois.

If you park it after washing, invariably you will get dried H2O lines.....if you take it for a spin you get splatters.

Given that the RX8 is black, it can be a major pain.

Comment

installing a water softener doesn't help much...I'm thinking about CR Spotless for final rinse only...it's kinda pricey...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');