• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which new product would be of interest to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would find it very hard to believe that a soap could be developed that could eliminate hard water problems. Reason being is that this soap may or may not work 100% depending on your water source. There is some naaaaaasty water out there... and some consumer is going to buy this product based on the Meguiars name with high hopes. If that consumer has really bad water... and this dont work on a summer day.... *insert bad taste in mouth*. Consumer spreads word.... word of mouth hurts Meguiars... consumers buddy buys Mr.Clean product that looks like a laser tag gun on steroids with a water hose attached to it.

A filter, on the other hand, would be great... it could be attached to the nastiest water you can find and it would do its job... just wouldnt last long as long as Joe Shmoe lucky enough to have "not so hard" water. Once its reached its limit.. crappy water or not... youll know when to expect hard water issues based on filter useage, which I assume would have some kind of guide to show when the filter is spent.

Id deffinately buy a filter.. especially with a Meguiars name on it.

*note: I currently own a Mr.Clean Autodry.. Ive NEVER been able to let my car dry completely on its own. I always freak out and start toweling off before its done drying. Honestly.. with a Mr.Clean name on it and given everything Ive been taught on car washing.. I cant stand back and let it do its thing.

Sorry for the long winded post.
    ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
    561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
    --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
    --

Comment

i'm all for the soap.

having to buy extra attachments won't go over with my old man who already has 10 different ones for his garden and flowers.

i could only imagine if i told him i'd have to keep switching them all for car wash.

he already barely understands the purpose of all this work i do to maintain them.

Comment

I like the soap idea. I don't like the whole idea of was, then filter, then rinse. I just want to wash, rinse, dry, and then polish/wax procedure.
        2005 GMC Sierra-Black(Oh Yeah it's Black )

Comment

I would love a filter that had an element that could be recharged in an oven, or with some inexpensive, readily available chemical.

Comment

I voted for the soap only. It would help on the low humidity days.
            I would not pay extra for it. I will usally use final inspecton or QD after it is dry anyway. That takes care of any spots on it that dried on.

Comment

should just have a water filter that hooks in line like the Spot Free system does. then you wouldn't need any special soap, combination of the two, or replacment filters.

Comment

I voted for the soap because of local water restrictions preventing us from using anything other than a high-pressure hose here.
                Gil A. Castillo

Comment

Gee...I don't have any problems with hard water spots here in the MS, but I would vote for the soap. I have had my fair share of fighting hard water spots in the past. Washed my friends car one time in Chicago and it was spotting before water had a change to roll off the car.
                  2016 Focus ST

Comment

Re: Which new product would be of interest to you?

i vote for the soap. we live in the city, and our water has all kinds of junk in it.

I have the Mr. Clean hose attachment, and never ever use it, so i would hate to buy something else like it from meg's and watch it sit.

On the other hand, i always use soap to wash the car (duh)

Comment

I voted for just the soap. I live in an apartment with no hose access, unless I get a really long one and hook it up to my sink and hang it out the front door. So intead I use buckets of water to rinse my car usually... so a hose attachment would not help me out all that much.
                      2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Turbo
                      2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Comment

Wow this thread is two years old! Any point still voting?

I voted anyways, for the filter attached to the hose.
                        What's the point of having a special soap made? What happens when you rinse the soap away? More spots

I'd rather have a device that fixes the problem at the source. That way you can fill up your buckets & use whatever soap you want and rinsing isn't an issue.

Cheers
                        Sean

Comment

car wash that prevents hard water spots is my choice,they definetly are a true problem......

Comment

I think a filter with a special soap would be nice.

Comment

I would prefer a filter system for one simple reason:

While a soap would definatly help prevent water spotting, what happens when you go to rinse down the car?

I would rather have a system that gets rid of the hard water all together (especially down here in San Diego!). That way, I could use whatever car wash soap I wanted and not be stuck with just using one type of soap.

Comment

Yes, an old thread but whatever. The kids bought a Mr. Clean Auto dry for me when I bought the new car. It works ok, but I would prefer an in-line filter on the hose. Planning to go to the local hardware to see if I can rig something up
                                to my hose from the plumbing department.
                                2006 Black Buick Lucerne (MY LAST BLACK VEHICLE)
                                2000 Silver Buick LeSabre
                                1977 White/Black Triumph TR-7

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');