• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which new product would be of interest to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A wash that helped with hard water spotting would be great. I have seen a number of the in-line pieces that claim to prevent this and most just seem to cut down on pressure. I suppose though, if you don't have enough pressure to wash the car then you probably won't have spots either!

-GT

Comment

A wash that prevents spotting wouldnt be practical. Because what makes the spots is rinsing and the soap isnt gonna help the rinse water. Id like an actual filter. Thats the only option that actually makes any sense.
      In a world full of sports cars the Dodge Viper is king.

Comment

I voted for the water filtration piece. Nxt car wash is already engineered to reduce hard water spots. I don't know if I would want to buy another car wash. I would rather have something to use in conjunction with the car wash soap that I already have to hep further reduce the hard water spots.

My .02 cents

Comment

I am not a detailer for hire but just an owner. For my purposes a shampoo would be fine. I tend to use the Electric Leaf Blower to blow of my vehicle and I try to leave just enough water to privide the water magnet just a touch of "Lubrication". I have tried Mr. Clean's Autodry system and find with my local city water that I can only get about 3 good rinses before the filter starts turning brown. They are supposed to last about 10 rinses but I guess it depends on your particular water. So for me, it is not worth going trough that many filters. Too bad a more permanent filter can't be designed that might allow back-flushing of some sort. Or possibly even some sort of removable filter media that could be bought in bulk to go along with a filter housing that can be opened to allow replacement of the filter media
          Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

The one product for washing that I use all the time now (rarely use any "normal" wash soap anymore due to the hassle with drying) is ProtectAll's Quick and Easy Wash. I would LOVE to see Meguiar's come up with a similar product that didn't require me to use as much product or water to get the job done.

In any case, I voted for all three, because I know that whatever Meg's comes out with, will be far better than the Mr.Clean products. I tried AutoDry exactly one time, and proceeded to give it away to a friend who doesn't really care much about his car. I figure at least this way he's keeping the dirt off.

Comment

i picked the last one
              nxt and a filter would ensure only "soft"water touches your car !
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I would like to see both the filter and the wash. I would feel more confident in a system that helps reduce spotting while washing (car wash) and rinsing (filter) my car. I don't have much faith in an "all in one miracle product". If you would just offer the wash, then I would wonder if the effect would be diminished when I mix the wash solution with my unfiltered water.

Also, an added advantage to offering both would be for consumers that might wash their cars eslwhere (car shows, while on vacation, etc.) They could take the car wash with them. Even though you might not get the full reduced spotting benefit, there would still be an advantage in just having the wash. I know that when I go to the beach, the hotel I stay at allows guests to use their hose to wash cars and alot of guests take advantage of this.

Jason
                You must stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

Comment

I'm looking for something that would allow me to wash my cars in direct sunlight on a 90 degree day and not worry about the sun drying the car before I'm finished washing the other side. I wash twice a week and quick detail almost daily. I have outside parking both at the condo and my warehouse, plus I use the truck to do sales calls (hence the reason for daily QD). I still wipe down the areas that have been sun dried but I either use a saturated Water Magnet to re-wet the area and follow it with a dry WM or I use a QD with a dry WM.

Comment

I like my #62 and I like buying it in gallons so only the filter for me, but I'm sure I'm not in the majority on this. Realistically, I wash in the shade and have gotten pretty good at drying, so I doubt it would largely impact me. As an aside, a co-worker of mine (before I had the chance to give him the fire-and-brimstone sermon about the evils of drive-thru's, $10 hand car washes, and gimmicky infomercial junk) bought the Mr. Clean system and was not impressed with either the performance or the quantity of product for the price. I doubt much can be done for someone who washes their car in 90 degree Houston with 90% relative humidity in the sun using Houston tap water.
                    My car's so shiny I can see your car's swirls in its reflection.

Comment

Filter, Please! A hose end filter about the size of a can of frozen orange juice, would travel easy.
                      Slow traffic keep right!

Comment

A filtration piece built into a foam gun... now we're talking...
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've used the Mr Clean one before and it seems to work okay. The big issue is that the filters and soap were so freaken expensive and the nozzle didn't have a great spray on it.
                          2000 Nissan Maxima
                          2005 Nissan Xterra

Comment

i voted for the last one. it would be nice to have the choice of either. though i like the idea of just the soap, like mentioned before, but i already use the NXT soap that helps prevent it some so now filtering the water is next. so i say both. cost would be a factor on the filters too.

Comment

I'm all for modifying soaps so they rinse off with less spotting, but I don't need no more stinkin' gadgets just to wash the car.

I'm going to dry the car the old fashioned way anyway, so a filter would not be of interest to me.

Comment

There's little sense in voting for one option without knowing:

WHICH ONE WORKS BEST?

I'd buy the product(s) that actually work.

Ideally, I'd like a filter I can attach to my garden hose that's the size of a soda can which will enable me to wash my car at high noon in the Mojave Desert in 125 degree direct sunlight using industrial waste water. Retail price $9.95 with replacable cartridges good for 10 - 20 washes at $3.99. Of course, that's presuming I drive about 1,000 miles to the Mojave Desert.

But, that ain't gonna happen.
                                Last edited by STG; Apr 25, 2006, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');