• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove rain-x from windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove rain-x from windshield

Hey guys i just brought a brand new car and my front windshield has rain-x on it and it really messes up my vision.IS THERE WAY I COULD REMOVE IT...PLEASE NEED HELP ASAP..THANK YOU

Re: How to remove rain-x from windshield

Moved into Detailing 101 for you

Comment

You can use some window cleaner and some micro fibers.

I find that following up my windows with a dry microfiber makes a big difference to remove smears.

Comment

oh my god i have been trying to find the answer to this question forever !!! i have rain-x treatment on my windshield...and i hate it. yeah it might repell water but it leaves the worst streaks when trying to clean the windshield.
        Addicted

Comment

Tim has recomended lighter fluid to really make sure all is gone.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by speed3blackmica View Post
            oh my god i have been trying to find the answer to this question forever !!! i have rain-x treatment on my windshield...and i hate it. yeah it might repell water but it leaves the worst streaks when trying to clean the windshield.
            I have to come up and defend Rain-X here.

True that it leaves streaks, but that's only if it's not done properly. It's the same as waxing your car, except oddly more complicated heh.

I find that using a completely dry microfiber removes any streak though. Or just use a paper towel since it's the windshield.

Comment

I love RainX, but doesnt mean it is for everyone.

Comment

It also depends on the windshield too. Mine has a lot of streaks and scratches in the windshield from the wiper blades. When the sun comes up it makes horrible lines.

This only stands to reason that it's likely the rain-x becomes "trapped" in these small grooves in the glass. I notice I don't have a smearing problem on the other windows, only the windshield.

Comment

lighter fluid ? how would paint thinner work ?
                  Addicted

Comment

Originally posted by speed3blackmica View Post
                    lighter fluid ? how would paint thinner work ?
                    No idea, hopefully Tim will stop by.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd trust paint thinner near a car that is.. well... covered in paint >_>

Granted clear coat is a bit different and all, I would still be careful.

Comment

I would think isopropyl alcohol would work as well - anyone tried that?

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post
                          I'm not sure I'd trust paint thinner near a car that is.. well... covered in paint >_>

Granted clear coat is a bit different and all, I would still be careful.

i meant just on the windshield...and yes being very careful...i might try some isopropal aclohol tomorow.
                          Addicted

Comment

RainX makes a glass cleaning liquid, it's pretty thick and it's a pain in the butt to get off after it dries, so you gotta work fast, but it works rather good for me. Advanced Auto Parts had it on clearance a couple months ago, might want to check it out.
                            -Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by ziggo99 View Post
                              RainX makes a glass cleaning liquid, it's pretty thick and it's a pain in the butt to get off after it dries, so you gotta work fast, but it works rather good for me. Advanced Auto Parts had it on clearance a couple months ago, might want to check it out.
                              was it there glass polish ? thats what ive heard it is calledd..
                              Addicted

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');