• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shoe polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoe polish

I have a difficult and chalanging ?. I recently got married and my buddies decorated my truck very well. I have got everything off except the shoe polish on the tires. I have scurbed use many solvants and house hold items( gas, paint thinner, simple green,,,ect). If anyone knows of a way to get it off.

oh the saying on the tires is "Now rolling down hill"

Re: shoe polish

Have you tried Westleys Bleche White??

Comment

SOS pads work for very dirty tires, maybe try those.

Comment

Rotate the tires. Put the lettering on the *inside*. lol. That is if you can't clean it. I would give the Westleys Bleche White as suggested. If that doesn't work send the bill to your buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by shed6695 View Post
          .....many solvants and house hold items( gas, paint thinner, simple green,,,ect)
          I would list by name of product everything you have tried, you might get a quicker answer.

I don't have one.
          Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
          by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

2nd the scrub-it-off method; you have stumbled onto something... I use it on trim to renew - lasts.

Comment

I use Eagle One All Wheel/TIRE cleaner on my tires and it works good, never tried it on shoe polish but for 5 bucks, you get a great tire cleaner.....
              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

well ill give these few ideas a try let you know how it works out since i have two trucks to try it out on

Comment

Did a little searching online. One person recommended Windex.

Might try that, since you probably already have some laying around somewhere. I also heard the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser get mentioned as a suggestion. Might be worth a shot as well. Hope this helps.
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');