• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaner Wax not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner Wax not working

Hi, I'm a forum newbie here. I've browsed the forums the past couple of days and got a lot of good information so I thought I'd see if somone can help.

I wanted to wax my girlfriend's 2001 Corolla which is white in color. The paint isn't bad but it's not in great condition either. She washed it fairly frequently but never really applied wax to it. We got it washed at a carwash and I tested the surface, which wasn't that smooth but it was clean. So I applied the Meguiar's Cleaner Wax by hand, let it sit for about 10 mins then wiped it off. I didn't come off that easily but the car did look noticeably better. However, the surface still wasn't very smooth. We got some rain over the weekend and it beaded water better than it had before but not great. I thought the Cleaner Wax would be good enough to clean it but I'm sure I can get better results. I was thinking about doing the Deep Crystal System then wax it with NTX (I got great results on my 2005 Canyon using the NTX on top of a coat of Gold Class). My question is, can I do the three step process straight away since I just put the Cleaner Wax on last week? Or do I have to do something to strip the wax before starting the Deep Crystal System?

The Deep Crystal #1 (cleaner) will remove the cleaner wax you have on there.

Just a suggestion.......... if the surface isn't smooth, give it a claying, and then try Meguiar's ColorX, and then top with NXT. I've tried that on white, and it works quite nice.
    Boss_429

Comment

Thanks for the info. So let me get this right. The car is a bit dirty now since it just rained. Should I:

1) Wash car.
      2) Apply cleaner.
      3) Clay bar.

Or should I do the clay bar before applying the cleaner? Thanks.

Comment

1; wash car 2; clay car 3; DC cleaner , Cleaner Wax or Color X 4; NXT , follow all instructions and you should be fine.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll probably do that this weekend and hopefully it works.

Comment

I think that it would be more beneficial to the car if you
            1. Wash
            2. Then clay
            3. then use the cleaner wax
            Hope I helped, Greg

Comment

Originally posted by sstephen17
              Thanks for the info. I'll probably do that this weekend and hopefully it works.
              Hi sstephen17,

There's no need to hope, it will surely work!!!

Comment

After washing the car and before claying, do I dry the car first? I've read some posts that say you can clay on a wet car. If this is true, do you also spray the stuff that comes with the clay?

Comment

Hey,

While some pros clay a wet car, I always prefer to dry it, and then clay using ample amounts of claying lubricant like Meguiar's #34 Final Inspection. That is just a personal preference.

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                    Hey,

While some pros clay a wet car, I always prefer to dry it, and then clay using ample amounts of claying lubricant like Meguiar's #34 Final Inspection. That is just a personal preference.

Tim
                    Hi Tim,

I'm currently using Final Detail (last gallon) as my quick detailer.
                    May I ask whether #34 Final Inspection or Final Detail is a better product to use as a quick detailer before I place order with my supplier.

Thanks

sky8811

Comment

Originally posted by sky8811
                      Hi Tim,

I'm currently using Final Detail (last gallon) as my quick detailer.
                      May I ask whether #34 Final Inspection or Final Detail is a better product to use as a quick detailer before I place order with my supplier.

Thanks

sky8811
                      Hi sky8811,

M34 works great as a spray lubricant and so does Last Touch, but in order to use Last Touch it is recommended that you dilute by 50% because used straight, it's a little too slippery and prevents clay from efficiently removing above surface bonded contaminants.

Last Touch

Meguiar's Last Touch Spray Detailer produces incredible depth, shine and gloss. This spray-on, wipe-off product has a unique blend of polymeric lubricating agents that gently removes dust, fingerprints, smudges and other contaminates, leaving a flawless, showroom shine.

D-15501 1 gallon
                      D-15505 5 gallon

Ready to Use
                      Can be used as a lubricant for Meguiar's clay, dilute 1:1 for this application.

Recommended replacement for Final Detail
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information. Will check with the supplier here in Singapore whether Last Touch is available or not.
                        One last question, should I dilute Last Touch with just normal water?

Thanks

sky8811

Comment

Originally posted by sky8811
                          Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information. Will check with the supplier here in Singapore whether Last Touch is available or not.
                          One last question, should I dilute Last Touch with just normal water?

Thanks

sky8811
                          Normal tap water will work just fine. I have read of people using distilled water but I'm not sure if anyone could ever see or feel a noticeable difference in performance.

Mike
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                            Normal tap water will work just fine. I have read of people using distilled water but I'm not sure if anyone could ever see or feel a noticeable difference in performance.

Mike
                            Thank you Mike

sky8811

Comment

Hey sky8811

Mike beat me to it!!

Generally, I prefer #34 Final Inspection for claying. I usually save the Last Touch for QD duties. If you use Last Touch for claying, I too would suggest diluting it 1:1 with water. Otherwise, it is VERY slippery! When claying, I need to feel what the clay is doing on the paint's surface.

Cheers!

Tim
                              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');