• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Car advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car advice

I have new 2009 honda accord no scratch on the car, it's park on the street in front of the house with low traffic but I want to winterized the car what should I use? Should just wax with Gold Class Clear Coat Wax or use first Deep Crystal Polish and then Gold Class Clear Coat Wax. The car five months old and crystal black paint.

Thanks for the advise.
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Oct 30, 2009, 11:17 PM. Reason: No clickable links before 30 posts

Re: New Car advise

Hey I have a new black 09 Accord too! Is yours a coupe or sedan? I have the coupe!

And I'm new to this forum too, so I won't be of much help to your question..sorry!

If I had to guess, I think someone with more experience will tell you to wash, clay (since it's been 5 months), use a mild cleaner (since no scratches), polish, and coat with wax for protection during the winter.

But what do I know, I'm a detailing noob! lol Good luck!
    2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
    Black Obsidian

Comment

I tend to like ColorX followed by Nxt 2.0.

A nice fast but solid detail would be:

1. Wash
      2. Clay
      3. ColorX
      4. Wax- Nxt 2.0
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

How can you have 5 month old black paint with NO scratches? Mine had micro scratches right off the lot probably from a car wash with less than stellar towels. I added more in the first couple weeks by drying with not so good microfiber towesl before i realized the damage I was doing. I wish I could go a week without scratching this thing, it's driving me crazy.

If you are okay with your finish now, just throw some one step cleaner/wax on there and call it good. If you want to turn heads, go with the deep crystal system you are looking at or another polish then wax setup. I am pretty fond of the Swirlx followed by NXT 2.0 applied with a DA polisher right now.
        2010 Camaro SS RS (black), "OBSSEST"

Comment

Re: New Car advice

I have sedan accord, I manually wash my car I try to avoid car washing places or I go to high presure wash with using bucket and microfiber sponges. I use nature sponge.

Comment

Re: New Car advice

I have sedan accord, I manually wash my car I try to avoid car washing places or I go to high presure wash and use bucket. I will use microfiber sponge or I'll use natural sponge.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');