• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M23 Professional Odor Eliminator: Does this product have any scent to it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M23 Professional Odor Eliminator: Does this product have any scent to it?

I never had much success with the consumer level odor eliminator because I couldn't stand the overpowering scent, and really couldn't tell if the product was just covering up the odor as opposed to eliminating it.

In any case, my normal product has become prohibitive to ship and I'm thinking of trying M23 and am wondering if this product has any scent to it? Additionally, how does the product work chemically? Does it work by encapsulation like Febreeze or is it the bio-active kind(the ones that alter the food source of the odor causing bacteria causing them to die thus eliminating odors)
    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Re: M23 Professional Odor Eliminator: Does this product have any scent to it?

I'm pretty sure the M23 is just a larger volume size of the consumer odor eliminator. I have used the consumer version with some success. The key to odor elimination is stopping the SOURCE of the odor, not just treating the smell. Often times there are small leaks in the car that allow moisture into the vehicle and cause bad smells. While odor eliminator will reduce the impact of the smell, it won't solve the problem.

What kind of odor problem do you have?
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

It has a scent, but not an scent that is supposed to make it smell better, it is just the smell of the product. Sometimes it will smell odd a few days after you spray it, but it will go away after a few days. It is a great product!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

In addition to eliminating the source of the odor, you might want try lightly misting the product on a few times over a day or two vs one heavy saturating dose. It does smell like synthetic beer at high concentrations!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');