• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Detailer versus Ultimate Quick Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Detailer versus Ultimate Quick Detailer

First post: I've read some great info in the forums so far. I have always been a Meguiar's user (Cleaner wax mostly) but just stocked up on some of the newer products for my new toy (2010 Camaro 2SS RS, black). The dealer threw some minor swirls on there when I took delivery by doing a lousy waxing but I'm hoping the Swirlx applied with my DA Ultimate Detailer will do the trick. A coat of NXT 2.0 looks nice but didn't fix the problem.

Anyways, I've been dusting for a couple weeks now with Ultimate Quick Detailer and microfiber and am really enjoying it. Can anyone who has used both tell me whether the regular Quick Detailer works just as well? It's half the price, and I am using alot by dusting the car daily. I went with the Ultimate because it's in the same product line as the NXT I applied, but is there any harm in applying the regular QD on top of NXT?

Thanks, more questions and pics to come after I try the SwirlX.
    2010 Camaro SS RS (black), "OBSSEST"

Re: Quick Detailer versus Ultimate Quick Detailer

You could use the regular QD if you want. But your doing a good job by treating your Camaro with UQD for daily dustings, also keep in mind to use clean, high quality microfiber towels. Use two or three when wiping it down.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Try and work as clean as possible, You said you have a D.A and SwirlX?
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Agree with what Tuck said. I have 2 Black vehicles and use a ton of UQD. It seems to give a better shine than the regular QD
        Tracy
        765-413-7547
        Autobritedetailing@gmail.com

Comment

For daily dusting you could use the Quick Detailer without issue. The great thing about Ultimate Quick Detailer is that it also has the ability to repel water, it is hydrophobic, where as the regular detailer is not.

Comment

Originally posted by CWM3 View Post
            For daily dusting you could use the Quick Detailer without issue. The great thing about Ultimate Quick Detailer is that it also has the ability to repel water, it is hydrophobic, where as the regular detailer is not.
            Ah, that definitely makes a difference for me and makes it worth a few more dollars.

I do use several towels during the wipe down and have a top to bottom system that I think works pretty good.

And, yes, I have an Ultimate Detailing Machine. It's a suped up more powerful Porter Cable from what I remember. My other cars have generally been polished with cleaner/wax and a Lake County Swirlbuster (orange) pad. It might be a bit much for the black paint tho. I'm gonna try the SwirlX on the light green Lake Country pad (I think it's called Finishing) first and then go from there.

As you can see from the screenname, I'm pretty obsessed with this black paint and want it to be as nice as possible for a daily driver.

Comment

If you use a lot of UQD, you may want to look into #135 Synthetic Detailer.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                If you use a lot of UQD, you may want to look into #135 Synthetic Detailer.
                I'm getting confused now. Looks similar to the UQD but says that it "builds" on the wax. I guess UQD doesn't do that?

Comment

Pretty much the same product. They both contain the Hydrophobic Polymers that help the water run off. Neither one is a true "spray wax".

Just thinking you might get a little more for your money buying in a gallon. I saved an old UQD bottle to use for it.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr makes a excellent point. Get yourself the 135 in the gallon size. It is the way I do it.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Also you should know that BJ's warehouse sells UQD. A package of two is $15.00. Good Deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Reg View Post
                        Also you should know that BJ's warehouse sells UQD. A package of two is $15.00. Good Deal.
                        Yea I think regular auto retailers sell it 1 for I think 10$ so that is a deal. I use UQD on my Trans Am with Turtle Wax Ice (yea I know...) but for Navy Blue Metallic paint, its the best hand wax that that comes off easiest.

My car beads up insanely as I often UQD the car 3-4 times before I wash it, or if it is heavy soiled. I wax it 2-3 times a year.

Looking to get into a buffer but thats another story.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');