• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staff Avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff Avatars

I know this may sound interesting but I actually liked the staff's personal avatars better than the Meguiar's logo avatar. The reason being, I was easily able to tell which staff member wrote the post simply by seeing their unique avatar in my peripheral vision making the avatar system more effective. While the new logo avatar is more uniform, I often find myself confusing Stoops with Pennington and vice versa unless I make a conscious effort to see the name of the poster. This is because the two's posts appear identical other than text. People vary is how they think but each staff member having their own unique avatar allows my mind to associate a visual with that person that even adds a more personal, kind feeling to the forum.

This sounds picky and it really is, but I figure there is a reason why we have avatars in the first place and it's a personal thing. It's almost part of the poster's personality and it allows me to easily determine who is the author of the post. Also, personal avatars didn't mean sacrificing anything official as I was easily able to tell who was staff by the title and signature of the staff member.

Does anyone else agree? Thanks for your time.
    -HealthyCivic
    Check out the glossary

Re: Staff Avatars

I would agree.

Same as everyone having red trucks facing the same way....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I agree with you.
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I agree!
        Lydia's Mobile Detailing
        Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
        2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

I agree too, I was wondering why they switched. Maybe they could do what I have and have one of their personal avatars and the Meguiar's one beneath. Best of both worlds and we can still distinguish who is who.

Ryan
          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I agree. There's the same problem at AGOL. I prefer personalised avatars.

Comment

You guys don't like it?

I actually thought that it was quite neat and professional... it's like the staff uniform! hehehe

Comment

Personally, I'd like to see photos of the Autogeek staff. They're a very cordial and helpful group and I think it would be great to have a face to go with these names....
                BobbyG

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');