• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first time newbie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time newbie questions

Hi guys,
    My first post here all the way from Australia. I’ve been reading these forums and I must say its great!
    You all seem like a friendly bunch as well, which is good, because I might ask some dumb questions LOL!

Anyways, I completed the Meguiar’s Deep Crystal 3-step process about a month ago on my car, (96 Camry), and it turned out great! But lately I have noticed little scratches from either cats, or people walking pass my car in car parks and brushing up against it. So tonight I went and purchased some ScratchX.

What I wanted to know is if it’s ok to use ScratchX over the whole car as I used the paint cleaner only a month ago?

Also should I only use ScratchX on the scratched parts since I’ve used the paint cleaner on it before?

Sorry if this sounds dumb

Thanks

tomee,

to Meguiar's Online!

I am sure you will find lots of useful information while browsing these forums!

Using ScratchX on the whole car will be fine. You better have a strong arm though because it's a lot of work!

Chris
    Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

thanks for teh welcome,
      yeah i have been browsing the forum

hehehe i think my right arm got buff doing the 3 step process last month..

Comment

Re: first time newbie questions

Hi tomee,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Originally posted by tomee
        What I wanted to know is if it’s ok to use ScratchX over the whole car as I used the paint cleaner only a month ago?

Also should I only use ScratchX on the scratched parts since I’ve used the paint cleaner on it before?
        Let me see if I can answer your questions. If you read the back panel on the tube of ScratchX, it tells you that you can use ScratchX for spot repairs or over the entire car. At the Saturday Detailing 101 Classes, we usually do both.

Here's the direction on the back label of ScratchX,

For light cleaning, apply only one application of ScratchX over the entire car working the product in thoroughly. For swirls, random, isolated deeper scratches, (RIDS), and other defects such as blemishes, etchings and stains, then follow the instructions in this how-to article.

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

Sorry if this sounds dumb

thanks
        There are no dumb questions, we all start out at the same place in the beginning, and that's knowing little or nothing. As others share with us what they know, we move forward gaining in knowledge and hopefully continuing the cycle by sharing what we learn with others. Here's an example,

Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider

Good luck and tell us how it goes!

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info

I took a picture after doing the 3-step process:

Comment