• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking advice on my website.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking advice on my website.

Ok, guys. I have decided to start a website promoting Autobrite. So far I have only added a few shots of my work. Please take a look at it and lwmmw know what you think. It is called aoutobritedetailing.com. I am gonna try and insert the link. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will add more of my work as i get permission from my clients.

Tracy
    765-413-7547
    Autobritedetailing@gmail.com

Re: Seeking advice on my website.

That name sounds familiar... you might want to check on it.

Needs broken up a bit more, telling about yourself and the company, different packages, pricing. Using complete sentences.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I understand that you are just starting but you should consider paying for histing and getting rid of the Godaddy banner.

As mentioned, you need to create a few pages. The initial page should be a splash page to get peoples attention and contain just some basic information. You should add more pages that go into such details as the services you provide, why you are different then others, contact information, examples of your work, etc.

To each their own but I started using WordPress on several websites that I maintain. It's set up with a website theme. This makes it very easy to update and add photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        That name sounds familiar... you might want to check on it.

Needs broken up a bit more, telling about yourself and the company, different packages, pricing. Using complete sentences.
        I found out that there is a company called American Autobrite or something along those lines after we had already named it. I have thought about packages. Still trying to decifer what should be what. That is part of the reason i put it on here before i advertise it. The more feedback th better. Thank you for your feedback.
        Tracy
        765-413-7547

Comment

Originally posted by tcope1 View Post
          I understand that you are just starting but you should consider paying for histing and getting rid of the Godaddy banner.

As mentioned, you need to create a few pages. The initial page should be a splash page to get peoples attention and contain just some basic information. You should add more pages that go into such details as the services you provide, why you are different then others, contact information, examples of your work, etc.

To each their own but I started using WordPress on several websites that I maintain. It's set up with a website theme. This makes it very easy to update and add photos.

There are 3 pages so far. the home page, contact page and a gallery page. Where is a good example of a sight that is set up so i can see and get some ideas? This thing is brand new and I understand I have a lot of learning to do. After all, i am a detailer. Not a web designer. lol Btw, thanks for all advice guys. Please keep it coming.
          Tracy
          765-413-7547

Comment

Looks pretty good to me. Only a couple of things I would like to point out.

First, any way you can reword this part under Engine: 4. After all the scrubbing and rinsing is done and the engine bay has been dried we then add dressing to not only protect but to make it nice and shiny!!

The nice and shiny part just gives me this fakey Armor All shine in my head, and to me you need to have more of a satiny Hyper Dressing type image to attract customers. Of course, most customers won't have a clue what Hyper Dressing is, but that's the kind of image that in my mind needs to be conjured up.

Second, any chance you could have some T-shirts made up? This might sound rude, and I don't mean it to be, but it looks more professional if you are wearing a "custom shirt" in your gallery pics. Here's a pic from one of Nick Chapman's threads:

And here's a pic from one of Superior Shine's threads:

As you can see, they are both wearing custom shirts advertising their business. To me, if I were a potential customer, that looks more professional than just any old shirt. Again, not to be rude, but that's my two cents. Also, you can wear shirts out in public and it's "free" advertising. Just a thought.
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Very good advice Shane. I am actually looking at a couple different designs for shirts and after you pointed out the armor all thing i couldnt' agree more.
              Tracy
              765-413-7547

Comment

Very nice site Tracy

I thought it was easy to navigate, very easy to read, and I also liked the picture of the red vette.

You might want to include the door jambs in the interior process

Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');