• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love a perfectly wet black car- Black Porsche Turbo with a superiorest shine!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love a perfectly wet black car- Black Porsche Turbo with a superiorest shine!!!

Reasons my thread is better then Joe's.

1) I don't shorten my name from Todd to Toe, like Jose does to Joe.
    2) See section below, I post a process
    3) I have actual before and after photos
    4) I use a better camera
    5) I don't pose in front of the car's I do
    6) This car looks wetter because it is getting rained on.
    7) I took pictures of the car as it was getting rained on.
    8) This Porsche has aftermarket turbo's, inter cooler, ECU, and exhaust. It makes more horsepower.
    9) Because I am so very humble....

Process:

In all seriousness, this Porsche was pretty easy to work on.

I washed it with Eimann Fabrik Auto Spa and clayed with while wet using Meguiar's Blue Detailer clay with Last Touch as lube. The wheels where cleaned with 10:1 Wheel Brightner and tires and wheel wells where cleaned with Eimann Fabrik Tire Cleaner.

Polishing was pretty straight forward. 1-2 passes of Meguiar's M105 UCC with a Meguiar's SoftBuff2.0 Cutting pad followed by 1 pass of Meguiar's M205 Ultrafinishing Polish on a Classic Flat Orange Pad, and finished with 1 pass of Menzerna PO85rd on a Classic Flat Black Pad, all by rotary. Total time spent polishing was less then 7 hours.

After polishing the wheels, paint, and class where sealed with Klasse AIO. I topped with paint with an old can of Blackfire Batch 23 wax afterwards. The tires where dressed with Blackfire Tire Gel, and the wheel wells got a douse of Meguiar's Last Touch 4:1.

The interior was cleaned with Blackfire Interior Cleaner and the leather (everywhere) was protected with blackfire Leather Protectant. The interior glass was cleaned with Meguiar's Detailer Line Glass Cleaner Concentrate.

Before picture

A couple of sun shots after polishing...

When I was all done I pulled the car outside. As I set up for the final shots, it began to drizzle. Never won to let a light drizzle stand in the way of reflection shots I fired away.

Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Re: I love a perfectly wet black car- Black Porsche Turbo with a superiorest shine!!!

Very Nice.
    Exceptional finish.
    Cool Car.

Comment

Re: I love a perfectly wet black car- Black Porsche Turbo with a superiorest shine!!!

The finish looks great. Nice job once again.
      Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
      www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
      Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
        Very Nice.
        Exceptional finish.
        Cool Car.
        Better then Superior Shine's

Thanks Eddie, I agree, it is better then that Joe character's!

Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post
        The finish looks great. Way better then Joe's. Nice job once again you beat Joe..
        Thanks. Agreed, I beat Joe again.

Comment

Hahaha oh the love. Great work on my tuesday car Todd
          "Every moment frontin and maxin
          Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
          "

Comment

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
            Hahaha oh the love. Great work on my tuesday car Todd much better then what Joe did.
            Thanks Zuke, I cannot wait until the Thursday car roll's around.

Comment

Wow, two black Porsche's in one week..nice..
              Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Whoa whoa wait a tick. Moddin' quotes, hahaha!
                "Every moment frontin and maxin
                Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                "

Comment

Great work on the Porsche. It looks awesome.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice work.

Are those HDR photos?

And lol... Todd and Toe :P

Comment

I have a feeling Todd was the kind of kid that wanted to play hide-n-seek with the other kids but nobody would go look for him.
                      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

He may still be hiding.....
                        Detailing blog: prodetailing.blogspot.com
                        Everything else: theseech.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                          I have a feeling Todd was the kind of kid that wanted to play hide-n-seek with the other kids but nobody would go look for him.

LOL u guys are having lots of fun

keep it up
                          it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
                            Wow, two black Porsche's in one week..nice.. Thank godness you atleast did your Porsche right... much better then that Joe guys..
                            Thank you MCL Ride, and I agree, it was MUCH better then that Joe guys...

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                            Great work on the Porsche. It looks awesomer then Superior Shine's Porsche.
                            Thanks buddy, I agree!

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                            Nice work. Joe who?

Are those HDR photos?

And lol... Todd and Toe :P
                            Thanks. No those are not HDR photos, too time consuming to shoot three exposures for every photo although I am learning on how to do that. Just really good lighting.

Like I said, I don't go by Toe, why does the other guy go by Joe?

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                            To bad they found me and I make Porsche's look better then you... Besides I thought you where still counting to ten?!

Originally posted by seech View Post
                            He may still be hiding.....
                            I thought Joe was still counting...

Originally posted by KC's View Post
                            LOL u guys are having lots of fun beating Joe's butt with your totally awesome, Joe beating, detailing expertise...

keep it up
                            Thanks, I will!

Comment

Joe
                              Are you going to stand still for this abuse ? ? LOL
                              Todd
                              Nice car , making Joe look bad.

Insert stick and stir frequently.

I'm extremely jealous of both of you gentlemen and your talent.

Paul S
                              Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
                              317-513-4678

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');