• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1975 cosworth vega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1975 cosworth vega

Well here we go
    One of my regular antique collectors just picked this up and want's to turn it quick. The paint is in rough shape but the body is pretty straight.

The plan is to de-trim,sand and prep for paint.

Re: 1975 cosworth vega

I just know that cars going to look great when your done, can't wait. Oh and sir, im taking up a 2 month job shadow of an ins. company estimator...any tips?
    "Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Comment

All Cosworth cars are awesome!

Frank, how much are you going to charge the guy for this upcoming job?

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post

Time and Material.

I have a little surprise I will revel after I post the Pics after Paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
          I just know that cars going to look great when your done, can't wait. Oh and sir, im taking up a 2 month job shadow of an ins. company estimator...any tips?
          Be Methodical,take good notes when looking at the car. Write all your notes 1st than take your photos.

Good Luck and keep me posted.

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished product. It will be a beauty.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Comment

Ok we are under way

Reveled a common problem,when this car was repainted prior they used a lacquer primer and wet sanded it. That is a big no no. as you see in the photo below the water from wet sanding soaked thru the primer and contacted the bare metal which started to rust under the paint.

Comment

Shyne, what kind of motor is that? I'm a big car nut but have never heard of the Cosworth Vega. Looks interesting. Can't wait to see what the end result is.

Colin
                  A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

How can you not know the Cosworth Vega?

It is a 2000cc i4 DOHC engine. What's amazing about this motor is that it is fuel-injected. Like all motors built by Cosworth, it is bullet proof and has a very aggressive mid-range powerband.

Comment

Cool project, keep the updates coming

Comment

cant wait for the updates... is it going to be painted black again?
                        Ganesa,
                        Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesa View Post
                          cant wait for the updates... is it going to be painted black again?
                          Oh Yea Single Stage Urethane.

Comment

How can you not know the Cosworth Vega?
                            Maybe cause I wasn't born then. Never heard of it. I did some research online about it and now I know why I had never heard of it. Very rare, but very unimpressive to me. It was plagued from the start and went from a pocket rocket in concept form to a slug in production form. It never reached collector status like it was expected to, either. Oh well, it is still a rare car.

Colin
                            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

The Vega was like alot of cars of GM in the Seventies. Great idea, very poor execution. The standard Vega had an all aluminum engine that ( due to GM's inexperience with all aluminum engines) warped and cracked heads easily. It was such a commonplace problem that the car's residual trade-in values dropped instantly. Owners were left with a car that was going to fail and basically unable to sell in the used market.
                              Cosworth is a world renown engine fabricator (F1, Indy, WRC, et al) that also makes special edition engines in production cars. Typcally the engines are very well designed and have a loyal and dedicated following. This car will sell due to the Cosworth heritage.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');