• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many hours/week do you spend detailing your daily driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many hours/week do you spend detailing your daily driver?

A previous thread prompted some thought about how anal I am with my cars and truck. For instance, I am concerned with the cleanliness of the engine compartment on all my vehicles and occasionally clean it. I keep the interior clean and looking as new as possible in the 2 cars and truck that I own. I generally paint the underside of my truck at least once per year and often with a brush. Additionally, since they are visible...I always clean the wheel wells on all my vehicles when washing. Overall, I estimate that I expend an average of 2-4 hours per vehicle per week. I'm certainly not the most anal, but not the least either.

How much time do you spend maintaining the appearance of your vehicles per week?
    Brad Mower
    SLC, UT

Re: How many hours/week do you spend detailing your daily driver?

I spend a good 4-5 hours on my vehicle every friday in anticipation of my local friday night car show. One every two months I polish and maybe compound the car and put anew coat of NXT or M16 on (occasional Gold Class). I dust off and QD/UQD my car in the mean time.
    James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com
    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I only wash my truck every two weeks, so I guess a couple hours every two weeks then.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I TRY to clean it every Friday as well. Just a wash and wax. Then if there is a car meeting or something I polish it with some good ole 205.

As for time being spent. 3 hours washing/waxing (a quick vacuuming and dusting of dash is included)

Comment

Probably around 5 hours of QDing a week. My QDs are a bit more involved than just wiping down the paint though.

Then there's my GF's car. She likes a clean DD too. It's a lot smaller than my truck so that's about half the time.
          Alex C.

Comment

4 hours per week (washing)

if I am waxing my car, (which is once a month) , I'll end up spending more than 9 hours because I end up cleaning everything, both interior and exterior.

Comment

My mustang gets washed and spray waxed or UQD 3 times a week normally depending on weather so I would say about 4-6 hours there. Then polished and waxes every 4-6 weeks so add several hours there....my truck only gets attention and washed every other month usually and waxed maybe 3 times a year.

Comment

For both vehicles I would estimate 5 hours per week.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

I try only to perform cleaning when needed. Maybe 1-2 hours a week at most for cleanup (quick detailer, windows) unless the cars are too filthy.

Then I just evaluate the dust/contaminant build up and do what is needed when needed.

Comment

I detail my cars full time, so around 40hours.

Comment

I don't think I've washed my DD Audi this year. Yea, I'm horrible.

Sits outside under a tree all year, I gave up trying to keep it pristine years ago. Thank goodness Pearl White never really looks that dirty.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');