• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't take APC off of my windshield.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't take APC off of my windshield.

Yup, I kinda messed up here funny thing is, the windshield is 3 months old. So I was cleaning the engine bay with Hyper dressing and APC for the first time. Everything went smooth, but I had hyper dressing left over on the plastic part just under the windshield and when I drove right after tiny drops of hyper dressing went all over the windshield, a lot of them but very tiny. I couldn't take em off with windex or meguiars window cleaner or invisible glass. So I tried APC, sounded like a good idea, sprayed a lot, few minutes later I sprayed again and when I wiped it off there's apc left over. it looks like the whole windhsield had water running down and it just dried up. windshield is still clear, no residue.

Re: Can't take APC off of my windshield.

Hmmmm

If window cleaner doesn't work, then either clay bar or after a test, a paint cleaner of somekind like SwirlX or UC or ScratchX or similar. Just be careful!

Keep us posted.
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Yeah, I'd try a glass cleaner, then clay, thn SwirlX, etc if needed.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Give clay or #4 a try.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

tried windex, nuttin, still there, it dried up to fast, looks exactly like u would have dusty window and u would have water streaks running down, but only in sunlight, can't see it otherwise.
          clay + detailer will b safe ? should I put something on afterwards ? I don't really know how windshield is built

Comment

If the clay works, or if you have to go onto a paint cleaner, you will likely need to use a regular glass cleaner after them still.

Comment

I say try car wash soap and water with a wash mitt, then use clay or paint cleaner if that doesnt work.
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Paint cleaner is this the step1?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

It works! I used Power Compound Cleaner and the marks are starting go...

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');