• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Combo

A couple of weeks ago a little one opened the door of a hummer into the door of my Buick and it made a dent a couple inches long. I had it removed using the PDR method and it looks really good. If you sight down the door with the correct light and know where to look you can see a small ripple. What I failed to tell the place that fixed it was "NOT TO WASH MY CAR". They thought they were doing me a favor by washing it, and I guess they did. They gave me a reason to clay and buff it out, like I need a reason to do that. My car is Ming Blue Metallic. What would be the best wax combo to use and in what order. I have NXT2, M26, Gold Class, and I can get M21. I am thinking M26 followed by M21. Good idea or not?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dave
    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Re: Best Combo

Typically you could top a sealant with a wax and not the other way around. That is if you really think you need to top with anything.

Personally, I'd clay and wax with NXT 2.0. For the winter months I top with some #16 or #26 to add to the protection as I won't be waxing for a few months and the winters are hard on the paint in WI.

I like the look of NXT and I like the look of #26 so depending on your taste either would be a good choice, IMO. I think NXT will bring out the metal flake more while the #26 will offer a deeper glow.

FWIW, I've read recently that PDR is not recommended by GM. The article I read stated that there were some long term issues with paint stress and micro-fissures caused by the process. Knowing that, I'd suggest you keep that area well protected with a sealant. OTOH, spot matching a metallic paint takes a really good air brush painter and you probably would still notice a difference in the metallic content, texture and OP if it was spot repainted.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');