• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girlfriend + automatic car wash = SWIRLS - Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend + automatic car wash = SWIRLS - Please help!

Hey guys!

I really need some help! I'm a school teacher, and today while I was at school, my lovely fiancee decided that she would be nice and run my car through the new soft cloth automatic car wash int town. Anyway, my car was looking really good (very few swirls), and now I'm noticing quite a few, especially on the hood. Will ONE pass through a soft cloth car wash cause this much damage?

So, since I'm back in school, I don't have a lot of time to spend detailing my car. What should I use to get this corrected with minimal results? I do have some Swirl X on hand...

Also, I noticed some damage to my OEM rim - I'm guessing from the car wash. Do the rails that you put the car on scratch the rims if you don't line the car up perfect?

Lastly, I have an 07 TSX Carbon Gray Pearl. Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Jeff

Re: Girlfriend + automatic car wash = SWIRLS - Please help!

When my fiancee says she did something nice for me, why do I usually cringe?

But yes, applying SwirLX with a foam pad would be the starting point. Just do a test spot where the swirls are worst ,and see what happens.

I have no idea what kind of rack they use, but I am sure it is just bare metal.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Start with SwirlX and a clean foam applicator pad and work small sections on the hood. Be sure to follow up with a good coat of wax whereever you worked in the SwirlX. So if you clean/polish the whole hood with SwirlX then follow up with a coat of wax, such as Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 or Gold Class Liquid Wax , just be sure to protect it with something.

As for the wheels, theres probably going to be some damage if the wheel did in fact rub up against the rail.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yeah, I'm really NOT happy... The worst part is, I seriously don't have the time to spend detailing the car right now, but I HATE how it looks with the swirls. I refuse to have that detail shop buff it, but I'm not sure where to look for a reputable auto detailer. I would be willing to pay someone to have it detailed... Does anyone live in the Chicago, IL area. I actually live right up by the IL/WI border (Northern, IL Southeastern, WI).

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Just do a test spot, work the product in well, and see what you happens.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Well, Tuck lives in New Lenox, which according to Mapquest is about an hour and 40 minutes from Antioch. Might give him a holler. He does a fantastic job!
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
              Well, Tuck lives in New Lenox, which according to Mapquest is about an hour and 40 minutes from Antioch. Might give him a holler. He does a fantastic job!
              Sounds good - where can I find his contact/pricing info?

Comment

NM, I see his post, LOL!

Tuck, what would you charge to fully detail and remove ALL swirls in my 2007 Acura TSX (Carbon Gray Pearl) paint? The car currently has 25k miles on it, and is in great condition, minus this little trip to the automatic **** wash!

By the way, how can ONE pass through an automatic car wash cause so much damage? It's COMPLETELY soft cloth, almost like a microfiber type of material....

AHHHHHHH!

Comment

Originally posted by JLTSX07 View Post
                  Sounds good - where can I find his contact/pricing info?
                  Go to his public profile, click on Contact Info, then click on Send a Private Message to Tuck91, and just ask him what his prices are and how you can contact him.

EDIT: Never mind, I posted a minute too soon.
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Nick does some great work. Pm him.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I have the same problem as you.. My girlfriend and mom was borrowing my car, and then they politely said thank you, and we washed your car at the new machine wash..
                      I could only reply okayyyy..
                      Thank you, and i walked straight to my car and saw swirls all over my car especially the hood..

And I currently have no time to do a full detail on my car.. Grrrrr...

Btw, I think if you hired "Tuck91" you'll get great results..
                      Ganesa,
                      Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Marked! I will come back to check this soon!thanks a lot.:-)
                        demande credit
                        immobilier simulation pret de france taux calcul
                        courtier
                        Une simulation credit immobiler de France
                        a faire un
                        pret.
                        demande
                        credit immobilier simulation pret de france taux calcul
                        courtier

Comment

Originally posted by JLTSX07 View Post
                          Lastly, I have an 07 TSX Carbon Gray Pearl. Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Jeff
                          Jeff, I think I have bad news for you.

I have an 06 TSX White Pearl, and swirls seem to be multiplying on it. I don't know whether it's a characteristic of the paint... but I've done a lot to try to protect the paint (hand wash only, regular clay and wax, etc...) but the swirls keep on multiplying.

Furthermore, I had to get a few sections replaced and re-painted due to an accident, and the paint looked very good for a few weeks... but now even the newly-painted areas seem to be covered in swirls.

FYI, I use meguiars products exclusively, from the clay, to the wash, the applicators, the wax (techwax 2.0) and MF towels.

I have seen a Lexus come out of an auto car-wash that uses those rubber-type paint-scratchers to clean... and it had very few swirls, less so than on my newly-repainted hood... even though the owner told me he washes his car in that carwash regularly.

On the other hand, it may just be that NYC air is so evil (I get a gray coating of dust that's thick and visible in 2 days of parking my car outside) and so permeated with hard carbon soot particles, that there are enough to scratch the paint, even though I use a microfiber mitt to wash. That being said, the Lexus was also in NYC...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');