• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Washing Remove Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Washing Remove Wax?

I did a quick search and didn't find any information pertaining to the subject but will NXT 2.0 come off if I wash my car using Meg's Gold soap? I just had the car waxed but after driving on and off of my stupid grass yard, I've accumulated quite some dust on the car. I want to do a quick wash to remove the dust but don't want to go through the hassle of having to wax the car again. Will NXT stay on the car after a wash? Thanks.

Re: Will Washing Remove Wax?

nope, wash away.

I do use UQW as a wax booster in between waxing or UQD if I'm in a hurry!

remember about one ounce of wash per gallon, I put about 4oz of wash in a 5 gallon bucket as I don't fill it all the way up.
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Sweet, thanks for the insightful information as always. Since I don't have any UQW on hand, I'll probably just use a little bit of soap (1/2 ounce/gallon) vs one ounce/gallon rule. This will be fine, right =)?

Comment

Originally posted by StockDC2 View Post
        Sweet, thanks for the insightful information as always. Since I don't have any UQW on hand, I'll probably just use a little bit of soap (1/2 ounce/gallon) vs one ounce/gallon rule. This will be fine, right =)?
        I'm not sure..It tells you on the recommendations/back of bottle. I'm using NXT shampoo at the moment,but I reckon it will be pretty much the same.

Comment

Nope you should be good to go unless your using dish soap as that'll take the wax away.
          For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Not sure if it's on the bottle or not, but I mix 1oz of wash per gallon of water or so.....

I fill up my buckets to about 2-3" from the top and figure it's about 4oz of wash and a smidge (maybe just a tad over 4 gallons) and wash away .
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

It tis 1oz of soap to every 1 gallon of water. When measuring out the amount of soap i need i use a clear dixie-type plastic cup. I pre-marked the cup with a sharpie every 1/2 and full ounce, up to 3 ounces. Makes diluting a breeze.
              Alex C.

Comment

Sweet, thanks for all of the great info. I'm probably just going to wax the car again today to bring out the shine (that and because I have nothing else to do...).

Comment

Interesting. I always thought that car washes (NXT, GC) would remove some wax.

So, how does wax be diminished after time?

Comment

Originally posted by mis3 View Post
                    Interesting. I always thought that car washes (NXT, GC) would remove some wax.

So, how does wax be diminished after time?
                    If used with the proper ratio, you will greatly diminish potential removal of wax during washing. Of course any time you rub a surface and run water of it it will take a little something with it, but with proper products (soaps) and ratios the degradation will be minimal.

The wax itself typically will degrade over time as the sun, weather, and the combined acts of washing, drying, and wiping the vehicle down slowly remove the wax.

Comment

I think it would be good if Meguiar's offered a strong car wash to remove previous waxes and treatments. Something like CG Citrus.

Comment

Originally posted by 1999grad View Post
                        I think it would be good if Meguiar's offered a strong car wash to remove previous waxes and treatments. Something like CG Citrus.
                        To remove all previous wax, you will have to use DC-1 or SwirlX. This will also remove the contaminants in the paint that cannot be removed by the car wash. I do this once or twice a year with excellent results.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');