• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum Supercharger - Longest Lasting Finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Supercharger - Longest Lasting Finish?

I finally got my new blower for my Cobra. It is polished Whipple supercharger. What does everyone think would be the best treatment to keep it shiny?
    In the past I have just polished every time I cleaned under the hood. I used Mother's on the aluminum britework, then put on a coat of wax.
    But since the supercharger can get up to 300 degrees does another product make more sense?
    The only thing that I don't really want to try is Zoop Seal. I used it a few years ago and while it worked great on a wheel , I don't want to go through all the prep work that a blower would need.
    The blower is all aluminum, except for the bolts and pulley.

Meguiar's new NXT Metal Polish will work really well, I use that product on my AFM powerpipe..and really keep's it shiny look's like chrome..I have a 99 Cobra Mustang with a Vortech E-trim supercharger...Just another boosted 4-Valve roaming the street's of L.A...

Comment

with George Wax.

NXT Generation All Metal Polysh is defiantly the way to go.

"Anti-corrosive technology locks in the shine-- NXT Generation All Metal Polysh cleans, polishes, and protects all wheels, stainless steel exhausts, chrome air intakes and valve covers, aluminum, brass, copper, silver, and all other bright work components. Meguiar’s Microscopic Diminishing Abrasive Technology (MDAT) removes built-up oxidation, tarnishing, and staining faster and safer than traditional harsh abrasives. "

G-13005 .....5 oz. (148 ml) $5.99
      Lynn Matthews

Comment

Re: Aluminum Supercharger - Longest Lasting Finish?

Originally posted by oldmodman
        I finally got my new blower for my Cobra. It is polished Whipple supercharger. What does everyone think would be the best treatment to keep it shiny?
        How about a before and after photo?

When it comes to polishing aluminum, the best thing you can do is to,

"Find something you like and use it often"

How often will depend on how much the car is exposed to the elements. When aluminum is in excellent condition, it is easy to maintain, when it is left alone and deteriorates usually in the form of oxidation and with extreme neglect pitting, then it is time consuming and difficult to restore. I would strongly recommend giving the new NXT All Metal Polysh a try. At our Saturday classes, there hasn't been a person who has tried it that has that hasn't loved it.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks everyone!
          The blower is brand new and has not even been out of the box yet. So anything that I use on it will be to keep it looking like brand new.
          Does anyone other than Meguiar's stock the new polish?

Comment

Originally posted by oldmodman
            Thanks everyone!
            The blower is brand new and has not even been out of the box yet. So anything that I use on it will be to keep it looking like brand new.
            Does anyone other than Meguiar's stock the new polish?
            Yes, but it is new so it may be hard to find in the stores.

You can call Customer Care at (800) 347-5700 and ask if they know where you might find it in your area.
            Lynn Matthews

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');