• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very NASTY Honda Odyssey Interior Detail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very NASTY Honda Odyssey Interior Detail!

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted an interior detail in a while because I haven't done very many to be honest. I did however do this 2004 Honda Odyssey, which was absolutely trashed, so I had to post it up. I started this detail at around 11am and finished after midnight. I had a few things come up during the detail so I lost a couple of hours. Luckily the vehicle itself was brought to me by a friend so there was no urgent need to have the van back ASAP. Unfortunately I did not get many after pictures, but I did manage to get a couple long exposure shots which turned out nice I think.

The vehicle is a 2004 Honda Odyssey with leather interior. The detail itself consisted of a full make over to bring it to as new of a condition as possible. Stains have been sitting for at least 4 years so some did not want to come out. The entire vehicle was covered in almost every thing I could think of, which was hidden by a huge layer of dust. An extremely foul smell was saturated in the back of the van as well. This was the first time I wore a mask while doing an interior.

Inspection:
    Making my way around the vehicle, I took these shots which give you an idea of what I was in for.

Before & After

I've split up the pictures into 5 main sections. Trunk, Rear Area, Front Area, Mats, and Trim Pieces.

Process:
    - Vehicle emptied out of extra large debris
    - Mats and seats removed
    - Plastic scuff panels removed
    - Seat bracket bezels removed
    - VERY thorough vacuum of entire interior.
    - Presoak heavily soiled areas with Purple Power @ 8:1
    - Shampoo with DP Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
    - Agitate with PC + carpet scrubber attachment at various speeds
    - Wet/Dry Vacuum extraction
    - Citrus-wipe down of all plastic panels. Dirt scrubbed out with as many tools as I could use ranging from plastic toothpicks to coarse toothbrushes. Wiped away with MF towels.
    - Compressed air used in tight crevices
    - Heavily soiled panels steamed, including headliner
    - Panels & Dash dressed with 303.
    - Leather shampooed with Lexol pH Shampoo. The seats were extremely dirty and required two sets of shampooing
    - Leather conditioned with Lexol conditioner x2
    - Stoner's IG on windows
    - Pedals cleaned last as I had to move the van a few times during the detail.

Time was tight so I did not take TOO many pictures :P

Trunk

Before:

After:

Rear Area

Before:

During:

After:

Front Area

Before:

After:

Mats

Trim Pieces
    The bezels just wouldn't get clean the way I wanted, so they appear a bit dirty. As with the scuff panels.

Afters

Unfortunately I only have 3 After pictures. By the the time I finished, it was very late and I was ready to fall over and go to sleep. lol! I had to use a long shutter speed of approximately 10-15 seconds.

Thanks for looking! Questions, comments, criticisms and suggestions are welcomed as always!

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'll be doing the owner's Grand Am soon as well (interior). It's even worse than this!

Kaval

Re: Very NASTY Honda Odyssey Interior Detail!

thats an incredible job! looks amazing. sometimes working on trashed cars could be fun, cause the payoff is huuuuge. great work
    - Markito -

Comment

Well, I thought the Caravan thread was bad, but this van is one of the worst I have ever seen! How can humans live in such conditions is beyond me!

But I must say, you did a great restoration job there kaval.
      r. b.

Comment

Kaval, you didn't wear gloves? EWWW!!!

Originally posted by rusty bumper View Post
        Well, I thought the Caravan thread was bad, but this van is one of the worst I have ever seen! How can humans live in such conditions is beyond me!

But I must say, you did a great restoration job there kaval.
        Mike Rowe needs to help these minivan detailers.
        Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
        baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

That was DISGUSTING!!!!

Great Clean up! I would have been sick doing that it was so nasty

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
          Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

WOW! I don't know what's more impressive, the level of trash or the final results! Unbelievable job! You, my friend, deserve a hazmat award of some sort.

Great job
            The power of the flex compells you!!!

Comment

What a disgusting mess. That is a great transformation. The interior looks great. Outstanding work. Way to go.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Good turnout. You should have call Hazmat.
                I would hate to clean their house.

Comment

Another SLOB ownes a van! This person and the women who ownes the Dodge Caravan should be friends. They think alike.

Comment

Kaval, words can't explain my reaction to your EXTREME makeover on the van. I'll just leave you with this...

Colin
                    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Forgot to add, absolutely wonderful writeup. I love the way you broke it into sections and did the before and after of each before moving on. Others should follow your example.

Colin
                      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

This belongs on the Extreme makeover! Either way, I love the DA brushes, they work awesome and help out alot.

Great job on the interior!

Comment

Hell of a job. They have a car that is WORSE than THAT? No way! That van was disgusting. I hope you were well compensated for that.
                          -James
                          2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Great detail! Thats even more trashed than the caravan i did yestereday. Jeeze! Awesome turn around
                            www.idetailautopros.com
                            iDetail Professional Automotive Detailing

Comment

That's one nasty interior. Job well done on restoring it back. Excellent work from guys at MIS.
                              Learning new things everyday

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');