• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I tint my windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I tint my windows?

I wish I could tint my windows...first off its illegal in CA, which I don't really care about. But then the fact that my car is going to be at college 5 days a week were the cops always are and my car stands out.

I would like to tint the front windows to match the factory but I wouldn't want to pay the price to remove it.

Looks good though!!

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
      I wish I could tint my windows...first off its illegal in CA, which I don't really care about. But then the fact that my car is going to be at college 5 days a week were the cops always are and my car stands out.

I would like to tint the front windows to match the factory but I wouldn't want to pay the price to remove it.

Looks good though!!

Ryan
      I don't know how picky the traffic cops are in CA,but a light tint might not be noticed. Then again,it only takes one cop to upset the apple cart.

Comment

Well all that being said, I like tinted windows. For instance on my car I think it really makes a difference. Black car, black windows, chrome trim and wheels. It reall sets it off. The most important thing is to check your local laws. And even then, you could still get pulled over for it in another county or state. This doesn'nt normally happen because they will check your plates to see where you are from. For instance, I live in Philadelphia where the tint on my car is legal. I work in NJ. where the tint on my car is a magnet for police attention. I have'nt gotten pulled over yet, knock on wood.

And the police are just doing their job. Don't blame them.

Andy
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Like others have said certainly know that law, following it on the other hand is your choice, but at least know it. I know some states have a 50% law, but if you ever look at 50%, you would ask what is the point, especially since you are paying nearly $200 for it.

I have 35% which I think is about right. Anything more and I think you are asking for trouble. Plus that is about what most trucks and SUVs come from the factory with.

Also think about your car. I don't drive that flashy of a car. Clean and shiney, but not flashy. That and just being a decent driver and not causing trouble will probably make it ok if you went with a little darker tint. If I was ever questioned about my tinti I would just say that I bought the car out of state and that was the way it came.
          "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

I remember a celebrity gossip magazine stating that cops in the Beverly Hills areas do not give out tickets for tinted windows.

So, if you are starred in a movie or TV show, or being involved in anything that makes you a celebrity, you may have a valid excuse to have front window tint.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
              I remember a celebrity gossip magazine stating that cops in the Beverly Hills areas do not give out tickets for tinted windows.

So, if you are starred in a movie or TV show, or being involved in anything that makes you a celebrity, you may have a valid excuse to have front window tint.
              Yeah, but celebrities get away with anything. I will not elaborate. This is a tint thread.
              Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
              baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post

I must be a celebrity!!!!

I don't think I could get much darker. But I bought it like that.

Andy
                Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Wow! that is very dark! Looks like they're under %15.
                  Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                  baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');