• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use compressed air while detailing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you use compressed air while detailing?

That is one tool if it quit working I would have to replace asap. Anywhere from blowing out the interior and the water from outside to numerous buffers for aluminum and paint. I do use my makita, pc and flex for most of the paint. But I love my Chicago pneumatic (this not a Harbor freight tool) 3" buffer for small areas and to use on interior paint.

Comment

Does a leaf blower count? Mine is attached from my shop vac and I have some small hoses and attachments that meet my needs, but I wish id had it!
      "Every moment frontin and maxin
      Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
      "

Comment

Originally posted by H.E.D View Post
        Nice. I probably will be getting one in the next month I can get a sweet deal on it so im going for it. Also what compressor do you recommend? i have a Porter Cable 6 gal.
        Not sure I will check the specs for you, I have a 5HP 60 gal but I am sure you don't need anything that big.

Comment

^ thanks I appreciate that.

Comment

no i dont use air tools i have no access to them ...

Comment

[QUOTE=chessplayer;349335]no i dont use air tools i have no access to them ...[/QUOTE

once you get one they become addiction.

Comment

Just started using compressed air recently (bought a bigger compressor). Really handy with "drying" the engine compartment, door jambs, etc.

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
                Do you use or have access to compressed air while detailing?
                Andy W.
                Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
                Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

I have a 30 gallon air compressor in my garage. Its available to me but have yet to use it specifically in detailing. Its more been used for filling tires with air and using other air tools when working on a car. I also plan to paint car parts with it in the future.

Comment

Uhh... I use the little duster cans from Staples to blow water out of trim.
                    James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                    Calais Auto Detailing
                    CalaisDetails@aim.com
                    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I have a big air compressor that I bought from Northern Tool a few years ago. Its a 2 stage 80 gallon 19.2 CFP @90 psi. Works really great and love it when I had my jeep to run air tools. Also like to use it to blow the water out of the trim, mirrors and other recessed areas.

I even had one on my Jeep. Converted the A/C compressor and had a 2 1/2 gallon tank under the hood. Could easily air the tires up and down and run a impact or regular wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by brickyardz View Post
                        I have a 30 gallon air compressor in my garage. Its available to me but have yet to use it specifically in detailing. Its more been used for filling tires with air and using other air tools when working on a car. I also plan to paint car parts with it in the future.
                        30 Gallon home owners compressor will not be big enough to paint cars unless it is a gas powered jobby.

I'd hate to detail without compressed air.
                        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I use it mainly to blow out water after a wash in many areas ie: side mirrors ,cowl area, grills, around head lights, wheels, and wheel wells, hood and trunk lid edge area, any where water can get trapped to give you night-mares latteron in a detail!! LOL

Comment

I don't think I could do a full detail on a car without it!

-Blowing off engine and exterior nooks & crannies
                            -Purging interior to get all the loose debirs out from hard to reach areas
                            -Detailing vents, pockets, and other tight areas
                            -Blowing off wool pads
                            -A must for the cheap carpet in some cars...like the junk they used in the old Geo Trackers!!!
                            Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

From what I've read, compressed air is what Kevin Brown recommends for pad cleaning. Part of the "method".

Comment

They wouldn't sell me cans of compressed air at Staples the other day because they thought I was going to huff it. They needed to see an ID! I showed them my bag full of detailing supplies, told them what I use it for and they gave me a look that said "a likely story".
                                James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                                Calais Auto Detailing
                                CalaisDetails@aim.com
                                www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');