• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you apply Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Gel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you apply Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Gel?

How do you apply Hot Shine Tire Gel and what kind of results are you getting?

I applied it to the tires of our CR-V via an EagleOne sponge applicator. It was easy and not too messy. I let it sit for 15-20 minutes. I then took the sponge, without any additional product, and went over the entire tire. An hour later I then buffed off the tire with a rag and removed all excess. The result was a nice shine on the medium to low-gloss side. Within a day or two the shine had become a nice rich natural rubber look. Is this the kind of results you are getting with the product, too?

I prefer the matte look on my S2K but my wife prefers a high gloss on her CR-V. But I don't want any slinging--hence my wiping off the excess dressing after allowing it sufficient time to dry and be absorbed into the tire. Do I need to apply a second coat? If I did, wouldn't they increase the likelihood of sling?

I welcome your tips and reports of your experience with Hot Shine gel. TIA.

Al
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: How do you apply Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Gel?

I use the Eagle One applicators too!

I put a ring around the sponge and apply it.

I don't have any slinging but I put it on light.....
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I haven't tried the Hot Shine Gel yet, but with the GC Endurance I usually scrub the tire with Simple Green first to get out any hard dirt, wash off, and dry. I apply the gel with a cheap tire sponge applicator which goes on fairly easy. I'll leave it alone after one coat and will go over the rim to clean up any product that may have gotten on them. To date I have had no slinging issues using this method and the product lasts for several weeks including washes (if the tires get real dirty, I'll go over them with a diluted 1:1 SG and it'll still leave me with a rich dark tire in the end!).
      IMHO I find that the gels yield a far better result over foams and sprays.
      For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

I use a similar method, I just bought the cheapie Target Vroom applicators(very similar to one that comes in the kit). I have not had any trouble with sling, but I try not to drive the vehicle for a period after applying the product.

Comment

I apply a thick coat on the tires with the Meg's Applicator. I have used the Eagle One pads as well. Then an hour or so later, I apply another coat. I don't wipe off any on the actual tire, but I wipe off excess on the wheels. I usually get a little sling though. When I want a clean finish, I apply a thin coat and the wipe off excess.
          Matt

Comment

I use the endurance gel. I aplly it with a paint brush. Then after about 15-20 minutes I take a jumbo foam tire applicator from ads to remove any excess. Very happy with the results.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

With both Hot Shine tire gel and Endurance, I apply it to a foam tire swipe, apply it to the tire, and after I've done all four tires, I go back and wipe off the excess with a dedicated Vroom microfiber towel. Works great for me.

How to apply tire dressings (gel type)

A look into the TW (Tylor Weaver) Method of applying tire dressing
              Shane
              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I apply it to the tire, then let it sit for 15-20 then go with a towel and get the excess. Normally no sling, although I have had times where I drive it that day no sling, then next day I drive it sling.
                Joel
                Firefighter/EMT-B
                Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                '99 F-150

Comment

I also use Endurance HG. I apply it with Megs Tire Dressing Applicator Pad. I apply a thin coat, paying a lot of attention to thoroughly rub the product into the tire wall. I usually leave the product on the tire overnight and then wipe of the excess. However, this method leaves little or no residue as the product is worked into the rubber. The result is black, naturally looking tire with no sticky residue. It not only looks good but also lasts for long time.
                  I also used an ordinary dish washing sponge to apply a dressing. This is a very cheap solution which does work out great.

Comment

Hi all ! What do you mean by "sling"?

Comment

Originally posted by philming View Post
                      Hi all ! What do you mean by "sling"?
                      Like "thrown" off the tire when you're driving...so it gets on the rims etc.

Comment

How I apply ANY tire dressings:

1. Always use an applicator (or some sort)
                        2. Put the product on the applicator; never directly on the tires
                        3. Take time to spread the product evenly
                        4. DO NOT use too much product
                        5. Wipe-off any excess product
                        6. Wait for about 15 minutes or so, to let the product penetrate into the tires

Comment

I need to start wiping off my tires. I've getting too much sling. But I can't help it! I love the wet look the tires have with the additional product hehe

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');