I bought this boat about 9 years ago, and it's been sitting under an oak tree in my yard for the past 5. It was in NASTY shape:
After Removing the cowling to clean the immediate area, I found a nice little surprise!
An ant colony had moved in!
I used Hot Rims Chrome Wheel Cleaner and a stiff bristled scrub brush to remove the 5 years of tree tar and envrionmental fall out from the deck and scooped the leaves out by hand. I found an old PFD in the cockpit too!
Gave the boat a rinse with the hose, and polished the bow with UC on a 6006 Pad on the G100. Sealed it with NXT2.0. I've only polished the bow at this point as I've got more important things to worry about than my boat that can't be sailed (needs a new daggerboard, rudder wood, and mast hardware), but at least it's not an eyesore anymore!
I'll get a whole-boat finished shot when I'm done polishing it. It's going to take forever, the amount of dead paint on the thing clogs the pad in two sections...