• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gloss enhancement advice greatly appreciated!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloss enhancement advice greatly appreciated!!!

I'll be the first to admit that the reason for my request may well be in my paint, merely in my mind, or as a result of the varying light sources in my garage. The area in question receives filtered indirect daylight. The balance of the car receives direct downward illumination from clear lamps.

Since correcting a panel with Scratch X 2.0 followed by a half dozen heavily buffed applications of Swirl X, and several coats of NXT 2.0 paste, I still perceive the ultimate "sparkle" of my virgin MX-5 paint still escapes me on the corrected panel.

When funds permit, I plan on having a go with a G110 and 205 purely to add that one or two % points of glisten. In the interim, can you please offer a suggestion regarding a Meguiar's product which I can manually apply with either their blue or yellow foam applicator?

The panel need absolutely no "physical" correction whatsoever. Even in the most critical sunlight, it's just perfectly flawless. All I'm trying to do is squeak out those last few % points of crystal clear highlights.

Thanks for any and all suggestions. Nobody ever said OCD and GAD would be easy!
    "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
    BOB

Re: Gloss enhancement advice greatly appreciated!!!

Pure Polishes contain such oils that enhance Depth, Gloss, and Shine.

I highly recommend M07 Pure Polish. You apply it by hand too.

M26 also leaves a different look than NXT, so you could give it a try. (After M07 Application)

Once you get your G110, M205 contains some oils as well. You can still use M205 then M07 afterward for amazing results. I recently did the following process on my Lexus:

M105
    M205
    M07
    NXT 2.0
    M26
    Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
      Sounds Like you want a Pure Polish

Try Some M07
      That stuff seems pretty spooky to me. I just don't get how it doesn't dry but it can be a suitable substrate onto which I can apply a paste wax. Just seems like a left handed way to do things, and I question whether it's merely a temporary cosmetic fix.
      "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
      BOB

Comment

M07 is an interesting product. Since it never really dries. But it does come to a haze, then you buff it off, but you are really rubbing it into the paint even more. It sounds weird, but It was easy to use for me. Also I would use Liquid Waxes...
        Matt

Comment

BoB...

I think NXT TW 2 is going to give you the best gloss enhancment that you're looking for.Carnauba is different.Nice,but not as reflective..I havn't used Gold Class on my cars for a long,long time.Did recentley on a freinds hood in white.Again not the same as TW2.

If I remember,you're already using UQW.

Maybe you could try the liquid version of TW 2?

What about the steps before waxing...by that I mean polishing...DC2 works well with red or black.Maybe you've already done this?It's still a good product..

I can't advise about the pro line...I havn't had the pleasure..So I don't know about a comparison of TW 2 and the Synth.Sealant..?
          Last edited by Eddie6th; Aug 8, 2009, 08:49 PM. Reason: liquid...not paste

Comment

Hi Eddie. You do know it's nearly midnight, don't you??? You're as nuts as I am!!!!

I'm using the paste version of NXT already and followed it up with UQW just for kicks. I may well try the DC polish. I think it's cheap enough.

P.S. Paste or liquid NXT 2.0 and neither did anything to improve things.
            BOB

Comment

Originally posted by RGP View Post
              Hi Eddie. You do know it's nearly midnight, don't you??? You're as nuts as I am!!!!
              Actually, it's shortly after 6 AM in Italy. Now you know he's nuts!
              Shane
              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Liquid's just easier But anyway...

If you don't want to get M07 Pure Polish than you can get Deep Crystal Step 2. It's the Consumer Line Pure Polish, It's good, but not as good has M07.

Again, Try M26 Or Gold class if your aren't pleased with your results using nxt already.
                Matt

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                  Actually, it's shortly after 6 AM in Italy. Now you know he's nuts!
                  • Main Entry: tou·ché
                  • Pronunciation: \tü-ˈshā\
                  • Function: interjection
                  • Etymology: French, from past participle of toucher to touch, from Old French tuchier
                  • Date: 1904
                  —used to acknowledge a hit in fencing or the success or appropriateness of an argument, an accusation, or a witty point
                  BOB

Comment

Originally posted by RGP View Post
                    The panel need absolutely no "physical" correction whatsoever. Even in the most critical sunlight, it's just perfectly flawless. All I'm trying to do is squeak out those last few % points of crystal clear highlights.

Thanks for any and all suggestions. Nobody ever said OCD and GAD would be easy!
                    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the gloss you're looking for may not be possible without a DA polisher.

The difference is like night and day.
                    r. b.

Comment

Liquid's just easier But anyway...

If you don't want to get M07 Pure Polish than you can get Deep Crystal Step 2. It's the Consumer Line Pure Polish, It's good, but not as good has M07.

Again, Try M26 Or Gold class if your aren't pleased with your results using nxt already.
                      Seems to me they're phasing that DC2 out and it'll be now replaced with Swirl X. Maybe I'm wrong on that...

I used 26 for decades and was absolutely blown away at how my black car turned really black after my first application of the original NXT. Good stuff; I just like the screeching clear highlights over depth...
                      BOB

Comment

Originally posted by rusty bumper View Post
                        Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the gloss you're looking for may not be possible without a DA polisher.

The difference is like night and day.
                        For future reference Rusty, do you agree with my plan of the DA and 205?
                        BOB

Comment

Yes M205 is an amazing Product and is perfect with the DA using a Polishing Pad.

That's not true though, you can have amazing results w/o a DA unless you are doing paint correction...

Deep Crystal Step 1 is the Cleaner Polish that is phased out by SwirlX...

DC2 is a Pure Polish, but is also probably going to be phased out for a future product in years to come.
                          Matt

Comment

DC2 is a Pure Polish, but is also probably going to be phased out for a future product in years to come.
                            How can you say that? Just wondering where you've heard that.

Ryan
                            Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
                              How can you say that? Just wondering where you've heard that.

Ryan
                              No, that's not a fact. Sorry if it sounded like that

If Pennington said they were "phasing out" the entire Deep Crystal Line.

The only products they have to replace them is SwirlX and UC... That leaves an empty spot for The Pure Polish and Possibly a cheap Carnauba Wax. I'm thinking they will probably update step 2 with a different logo, bottle, etc. They should just get rid of Step 3 though...
                              Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');