• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a leather brush necessary for optimal leather cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a leather brush necessary for optimal leather cleaning?

The leather in my moms G35 is pretty dirty and just Armor All Leather cleaner and conditioner alone won't get it clean. Actually, i can hardly tell a difference in it.

I also have Purple Power. How would i go about cleaning the seats with that? Dilute it 10:1 and spray onto a microfiber?

Re: Is a leather brush necessary for optimal leather cleaning?

My friend, I would highly suggest using Woolite mixed at a dilution of 8:1

I would then use some type of leather conditioner afterwards.

Some type of brush with the Woolite works wonders, I promise.
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

You would likely find terry to have more cleaning ability than the MF.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I second the Woolite suggestion. I like using Gold Class leather cleaner and conditioner.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by BDL1127 View Post
          The leather in my moms G35 is pretty dirty and just Armor All Leather cleaner and conditioner alone won't get it clean. Actually, i can hardly tell a difference in it.

I also have Purple Power. How would i go about cleaning the seats with that? Dilute it 10:1 and spray onto a microfiber?
          If you have the basic leather on your G35, then you should use a dedicated leather cleaner. The basic leather on the G35 is 100% genuine leather and is prone to cracking.

Synthetic leather or real leather of lesser quality can usually withstand brush and fabric detergents. However, the G35 base leather is both 100% genuine and poor in durability.

Also, the G35 leather seats also have perforated holes in them. You would not want to get detergents in there. When it gets wet the seat will feel messy and slimey. If the seats are so dirty that you have no choice but to use a type of fabric detergent for cleaning, then use as little detergent to water ratio as you possibly can. I can not emphasize on how much you do not want soap inside those perforations.

Comment

Ok guys i just used Purple Power 10:1 and it worked great. Just sprayed onto a microfiber and wiped off. Tommorow i will be applying conditioning gel.

Comment

I think you should have went with the suggestion of using Woolite. Purple Power is a pure industrial-grade degreaser designed for machinery and heavy duty cleaning (think commercial grade kitchen stainless steel)... Even at 10:1, Purple Power is strong enough to clean BBQ stoves.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                I think you should have went with the suggestion of using Woolite. Purple Power is a pure industrial-grade degreaser designed for machinery and heavy duty cleaning (think commercial grade kitchen stainless steel)... Even at 10:1, Purple Power is strong enough to clean BBQ stoves.

ehhh...i dont think it was bad...and i looked at the dilution reccomendations on the back of the container and it had many uses for automobiles and reccomended 10:1 dilution for car dashboards. I figured if its mild enough to use on a dashboard it will be ok to use on leather. So far so good.

Comment

You may want to get a wet towel and wipe down the seats, then wipe dry, then apply leather conditioner that way you get any residual purple power off the seats.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                  Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');