• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanding down clearcoat scratches? How about filling in clearcoat scratches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanding down clearcoat scratches? How about filling in clearcoat scratches?

Saw this on the TV today. Apparently it works by filling in the scratch clearcoat with liquid clearcoat to make the paint even with the rest of the body. Check it out.

Re: Sanding down clearcoat scratches? How about filling in clearcoat scratches?

Just tried.Page didn't load.Try later.

Comment

Try this?
      https://www.buyfixit.com/ver44/ ******WARNING - Going to that site will create an endless stream of pop-ups.... you've been warned.**********
      Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jul 27, 2009, 03:54 AM. Reason: Added warning for pop-ups

Comment

RIP Billy Mays

Comment

Wonder if that works, ok someone buy it and let us know lol.

Comment

Seems to good to be true.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Too good to be true.

But then, so were OxiClean, Orange Clean, Orange Glo, and Kaboom. All of those products were promoted by Billy Mays. All of those products work.
              This one may not be too bad. Remember, to people not into detailing, products like ScratchX and SwirlX also seemed too good to be true.

Comment

I watched the infomercial on TV, and it became clear to me: they always shows it when the product is still wet when they demo it on random vehicles.

Even WATER will make a scratch look like it is gone as long as it doesn't dry up.

Food for thought...

Oh, and RIP Billy Mays :/

Comment

I don't know, I might try it out, for Billy Mays' sake. And I get a free vacuum with that $20 order too.

Comment

If Billy Mays sell's it, you must buy it. I guess if you applied a few coats, and made it above the other cc, and sanded a bit, it may work well, but not just brushing it on like that I wouldn't think.

RIP Mr. Mays.

Comment

If Bill Mays sells it, you must buy it. No truer words than that! hhahahaha

I kinda figured he'd die from cardiac problems, seeing that he talks like he is on some kind of stimulant when he demonstrates products on TV.

Comment

Also works for scratched sunglasses.

Anybody seen the latest one with some lame sponge that washes and waxes "all in one easy step"? WOW!!!
                        "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
                        BOB

Comment

I feel like this pen is more likely to be true than a wash and wax sponge. But we'll never know until we try them out.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');