• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detail Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detail Q

I detailed two cars the last two weekends my questions the first was my ’93 Buick Regal came out very good did a full detail on it the inside I was using a brush on back window deck to clean while vacuuming I, well, I had rotting fabric so now I have two spots where the Fabric, carpeting is gone, what should I do to prevent this from happening in future on other cars? glade it was "MY" car

Other problem since I spent about 2 hrs on the inside the doors were open, yep, dead battery!!! Do you disconnect the battery; do you check with the customer first?

Car I did yesterday came out very good, first I didn’t charge enough, complete detailing & out looked good, now on the inside of door on bottom where it is always black with crude ‘ you know where I mean� I used tar remover it cleaned up pretty good, now do you take the time to get all that off, I spent about 30 min. just to clean that up on all 4 doors.
    Which to drive the Miata or Mazda6

Most of the time when I'm detailing a car (in and out or just out) I clean the door jams when I'm washing it. I use 2 buckets to wash the car. One for the body and one for the door jams, wheels and wheel wells. I do the jams and wheels first then do the body. When your doing the jams and wheels don't forget the fuel cap door. It's always dirty in there. I normally use megs AP+ on the jams and then use an old wash mit, sometimes a brush to clean the hinges. Then when I'm taking the tar off the car I will check the jams for tar. And Finally when I'm done waxing the car I will wax the jams and treat the jams rubber seals with megs hyper dressing. If you cleaned off all the lube on the hinges don't forget to re lube with a wihte lithuim or something. It looks great and really impresses the new customers.

Hope this helps
    Chubs

Comment

I use the same method as CHUBS. Get the wheels, jambs, engine, runner boards and wells all before washing, then you can take it into the shop.

I will usually do all the following then pull the car into the driveway and blow it off with a leaf blower. Many times I even blow out the interior with the leaf blower to save vacuuming up a bunch of ****. then I hit it with an air compressor and a detail brush for crevices. Then al I have to do is clean the vinyl and dress and shampoo and I am done with the interior.
      "Washing for the People"

Comment

I wouldn't disconnect the battery. The last thing you want to do is spend another 20 minutes writing down all the preset stations(before disconnecting) then setting them all over again along with the time when you're done. Not to mention, if you get a slight surge when connecting them back or mistakenly connect the cables backwards, you can easily damage some electronics if the fuse doesn't blow first. I know the last one seems simple enough to not screw up but accidents can happen.
        George G.
        ----------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by George G.
          I wouldn't disconnect the battery. The last thing you want to do is spend another 20 minutes writing down all the preset stations(before disconnecting) then setting them all over again along with the time when you're done. Not to mention, if you get a slight surge when connecting them back or mistakenly connect the cables backwards, you can easily damage some electronics if the fuse doesn't blow first. I know the last one seems simple enough to not screw up but accidents can happen.
          Strongly agree
          "Washing for the People"

Comment

Hey,

Many interior dome lights on newer vehicles time out and shut themselves off if the door has been left open. On others, I too agree, do not pull the battery cable. Some vehicles are very sensitive to having the battery disconnected. Often, it will reset the computer causing the automatic transmission to shift hard etc until it "re-learns" etc.

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Re: Detail Q

Originally posted by m2mazda6
              I detailed two cars the last two weekends my questions the first was my ’93 Buick Regal
              I have a '93 Buick Regal as well, Limited 3800 actually. What kind do you have?
              FL

Comment

Re: Re: Detail Q

Originally posted by FlaresideLariat
                I have a '93 Buick Regal as well, Limited 3800 actually. What kind do you have?
                the same 3800 I have the Blue green depending on the light
                has 101,500 still runs great it's the better half's car, were thinking of getting a Minnie next the convertable of course
                Which to drive the Miata or Mazda6

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');