• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dukes of Hazzard: Stars, cars, and other cool stuff (lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dukes of Hazzard: Stars, cars, and other cool stuff (lots of pics)

Today I got the chance to go to the Smoky Mountain Fan Fest in Pigeon Forge, TN at the Tennessee Smokies baseball stadium. They had lots of cars from the TV series The Dukes of Hazzard (all these cars are owned by various individuals) as well as cast members from The Dukes and a few others as well.

The actors that were there:

Ben Jones: played Cooter Davenport
    James Best: played Rosco P. Coltrane
    Sonny Shroyer: played Enos Strait
    Rick Hurst: played Cletus Hogg
    Don Pedro Colley: played Sheriff Little of Chickasaw County
    Catherine Bach: played Daisy Duke
    Byron Cherry: played Coy Duke in Season 5
    Donna Douglas: Elly May Clampett in The Beverly Hillbillies
    Butch Patricke: Eddie Munster in The Munsters
    Margaret Pelligrini: played a Munchkin in The Wizard of Oz

Some of the actors I only got pictures of. You had to stand in line for pictures and autographs, and they charged you for that. I didn't get pics of Catherine Bach, Don Pedro Colley, or Byron Cherry. I got to shake hands with James Best and Byron Cherry and got both their autographs. So, without further chit chat, here are lots of pictures for you. Please enjoy and comment!

General Lee

1970 Plymouth Road Runner (Daisy's car before she got the Jeep, Dixie)

Road Runner interior

Boss Hogg's 1970 Cadillac De Ville convertible

Cadillac interior

Daisy's Jeep "Dixie"

Chickasaw County Sheriff's car

My obligatory reflection shot

Look everybody! Flash is snoozing on the job (again). This dog belonged to the people who owned the police car in the picture.

Replica of the Mayberry squad car

Replica of the The Munsters "Dragula" (Grandfather's car, appeared in one episode, "Hot Rod Herman")

Replica of the Ferrari in the TV series Miami Vice

Guitar for sale with Taylor Swift's signature

Guitar for sale with Kenny Chesney's signature

Rick Hurst (aka Deputy Cletus Hogg)

Sonny Shroyer (aka Deputy Enos Strait)

Ben Jones (aka Cooter Davenport)

James Best (aka Rosco P. Coltrane)

Donna Douglas (aka Elly May Clampett)

Margaret Pellegrini (aka a Munchkin)

Butch Patrick (aka Eddie Munster)

My poster signed by James Best

My picture signed by Byron Cherry (the one on the left in the picture)

Thanks for looking!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Re: The Dukes of Hazzard: Stars, cars, and other cool stuff (lots of pics)

Shane, Thanks for bringing back some good memories. Thanks for sharing. Hope you had a good time.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for sharing CieraSL! I thought that some of the actors, and actresses, had passed on, obviously not. We had a car show 2 years ago and One of the General Lees were there with Boss Hogg's car and the car drive by Rosco. It was really neat. Thanks again for sharing!
      Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Cool Stuff!

I wish I was there.

Must've been a great day!

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

If one of the mods could please change this for me, I see I made 2 mistakes.

Mistake #1: 1970 Plymouth Road Runner should be 1974 Plymouth Road Runner

Mistake #2: Enos Strait (two occurrences) should be Enos Strate

Thank you!
          Shane

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Man I think I might actually kill for a General Lee. That's probably my all time favorite show. And it's a good thing I know how to get out swirl marks and RIDs because I would be sliding across the hood every chance I got in. Oh and did you take out an ultimate wipe and clean up the tire on the Jeep.
            Dilution Chart

Comment

Originally posted by harshest View Post
              Oh and did you take out an ultimate wipe and clean up the tire on the Jeep.
              Hey, Dixie runs on dirt roads, what do you expect? Believe me, I saw plenty of swirl marks. I looked. Only saw a few cars with what looked like perfect paint. I think I could of just sat and stared at those General Lees all day long.
              Shane

Comment

Man, what would I give for one of these Chargers... Or the De Ville...

Comment

Shane

Comment

Nice pictures.thanks for sharing!!!!
                    I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

nice man.. thank you for sharing!
                      MEGUIAR'S NXT 2.0 WAX
                      MEGUIAR'S QUICK DETAILER
                      LONG LIVE PINOY!!!
                      GOD MADE EVERYTHING, BUT EVERYTHING'S ARE MADE IN CHINA

Comment

hey Shane...good chance to get some clients for details.....and some famous clients (vehicles) at that!!
                        Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
                        1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
                        1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                          If one of the mods could please change this for me, I see I made 2 mistakes.

Mistake #1: 1970 Plymouth Road Runner should be 1974 Plymouth Road Runner

Mistake #2: Enos Strait (two occurrences) should be Enos Strate

Thank you!
                          MORE MISTAKE ON #1 ITS NOT A 1974!! ITS A 1972 PLYMOUTH SATELLITE!!!!! Dasiy had 2 different Roadrunner/Satellites for the begining of the 1st season it was her 1973 Roadrunner then it was her similar painted 1972 Satellite with roadrunner badges i know cause im an AVID fan of DOH & have EVERY episode & even own a 1972 Satellite cause of that

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');