• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC and APC+ for carpets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC and APC+ for carpets

which one has fabric softeners and brighteners? a search gave me conflicting answers.
    VTEC: all the lag, none of the turbo

Re: APC and APC+ for carpets

APC+, it is also low foaming which is important when using an extractor

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

APC has fabric softeners and optical brighteners per the ADS ad copy.
        If you aren't using an extractor, the foam is not a bad thing,

Originally posted by ADS
        Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner is ideal for reconditioning all interior surfaces. The superior foaming action gently lifts the dirt away while its unique blend of fabric softeners and optical brighteners enhance the look and feel of carpet, upholstery, vinyl and even leather.
        The ADS ad copy doesn't say a thing about fabric softeners and optical brighteners in the APC+. They do comment on the low foam ratio.

Originally posted by ADS
        This all surface cleaner is ideally suited for today's fast paced, high volume, detail operations where one simple solution is needed for a variety of cleaning needs. It provides mixtures for heavy cleaning of engines and tires, fast interior cleaning, as well as low foam ratio for use in carpet and upholstery extraction machines. Leaves carpet clean, smelling pleasant, and the fibers soft with no sticky residue. Safe for clear plastic, glass and leather.
        I have been using what is today referred to as APC for years and really like the stuff.
        I have never used today's APC+, but would probably be happy with it as well.

Since I don't use an extractor, I have never seen any reason to change from the APC.
        Charles
        The Rainmaker

Comment

anyone else have info on this? meguiars reps?
          VTEC: all the lag, none of the turbo

Comment

Is the old, non-compliant formula of APC+ save for Kenmore carpet steamers?

If it is, what dilution should I use?
            r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty bumper View Post
              Is the old, non-compliant formula of APC+ save for Kenmore carpet steamers?

*Bump*

Is the old, non-compliant VOC formula of APC+ safe for Kenmore carpet steamers?

r. b.

Comment

It's funny that Andrew C. says APC+ has fabric brighteners, and yet the other guy says that APC has fabric brigtheners. I have both. Let me check.

*Looking through closet to check labels on gallon jugs*...

Ok, as far as what the labels say, only regular, green APC has fabric softeners and optical brighteners.

Comment

I like the APC + because of it being low foaming. Saves time when doing the interiors.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');