• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dried MFs with a dryer sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dried MFs with a dryer sheet

So i did a load of towels last night and neglected to check the dryer walls. Sure enough, once they're dry i pull them all out and in sorting through them realize there's a dryer sheet in there.

Would you guys consider them done for? The dryer sheet was in there from the previous load of clothes, so it was used. Or should i run the load through the wash again with a vinegar rinse and hope for the best? Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Thanks all.
    Alex C.

Re: Dried MFs with a dryer sheet

Sorry, I do not know.
    I was try washing it again though.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

This has happened to me before. No need to panic. Just re wash them. Make sure there is no dryer sheet when you dry them. lol.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

had this happen to me a while back...i could tell that the MFs didnt have the same absorbency as they did before.
        2007 Flint Mica Scion tC

Comment

Yeah I'd go with a vinegar wash. Shouldnt be a catastrophe.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

really shouldnt be too bad, and the vinegar should help ya out some

Comment

I always thought you had to hang dry them, didn't know you could use the dryer. Was told the dryer make static cling on them or something. Good to know . Can you use the dryer for the Meg 2.0 pads???

Comment

The depleted dryer sheet probably wouldn't have much of an effect on the next load of drying.

Trust me, even with a dryer sheet being used in the drying process, you will not do any major harm to the paint. I have had used softener and dryer sheets on my microfiber before. They did no harm to the car, they may be a little more inefficient than usual in capturing polishes and wax. It's nothing to be worried about, in my opinion. I think it is probably more work to rewash and redry your load of MF towels than to use the towels with a slight loss of efficiency.

As mentioned, if you are concerned, feel free to wash them again with a small amount of detergent. Not a lot because these towels are already clean. Otherwise, a depleted dryer sheet should have negligible effect on your towels and you may use them normally. If anything, they may just work less efficiently.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I think i'll try a second wash. If absorbency is the only issue i won't sweat it as much. I'll just wash them again and call it done.

Thanks again.
                  Alex C.

Comment

Originally posted by fzr confused View Post
                    I always thought you had to hang dry them, didn't know you could use the dryer. Was told the dryer make static cling on them or something. Good to know . Can you use the dryer for the Meg 2.0 pads???
                    Dry the towels on high. They love it. Just air dry the pads.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');