• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nail polish removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nail polish removal

Can any one advise me on how to remove nail polish from a dash board withhout discolouring the plastic?

Re: nail polish removal

Nail polish is tough stuff...Acrylic Lacquer - the same stuff that was used as car paint for a LOOONG time. It's very easy to get rid of though - without discoloring the plastic is the hard part here. Nail Polish remover is Acetone, which would likely discolor the dash, but might not. I suggest trying a bit of nail polish remover on the dashboard where it's hidden by the door to see if it messes things up. If not, you're good to go for removing the nail polish with acetone/nail polish remover.
    If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to record the event, how can you be certain that there was a tree or even a forest to begin with?

Comment

Water/Woolite mix maybe? 10:1 ratio I guess. Don't take my word for it though.

Comment

To remove nail polish, you use nail polish remover. A very natural move.

Then you use some sort of rubber/vinyl protectant and conditioner to renew and brighten the surface. Works like a charm.

Comment

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

What you have there is bonded paint to the plastic.
            I don't think you can remove it without damaging your dash.
            I think anything chemical that can remove paint will damage plastic.
            As Joe suggested, you might want to get a dash mat to cover it up.

Comment

thanks eveyone

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');