• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M49 and Flex 3401

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M49 and Flex 3401

Just started using M49, Flex 3401 and Orange Lake Country Cutting Pad on my boat.

My first pass with it prdouced pretty good results, but I was wondering what speed I should be working the product at with the Flex and if I might have even better results with a wool pad.

After the first pass I can still see a few areas where fenders have created a haze in the gel coat that I want to work a little bit more before polishing.

Thanks for any advice.

Jeff

Re: M49 and Flex 3401

I have always used the 45 with an orange Lake Country pad as well on the black sides of our boat. However, this week I tackled my mother's black Honda Pilot and went for the yellow CCS pad (that I have always been scared of) and it was very impressive. I think the orange pad is just a bit too soft for anything but the lightest swirl or blemishes.

I'm gonna test the yellow pad with 45 first on gelcoat (to make sure it doesn't haze or scratch and if I can't get my fender scratches off I will go with the 49 on the yellow pad.

2010 Camaro SS RS (black), "OBSSEST"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');