• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoe Detail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoe Detail?

I found some old school Jordans from Jr. High while moving and thought since they were "cool" again with the shoe folks i though id give it a little APC and D line Leather cleaner.

"Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Re: Shoe Detail?

I've never admitted it before but I've used Meguiar's on my shoes too. Those look brand new!
    Scott

Comment

Nice. Maybe I will try some some Meguiar's products on my sneakers when they get dirty.
      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
      Calais Auto Detailing
      CalaisDetails@aim.com
      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
        I've never admitted it before but I've used Meguiar's on my shoes too. Those look brand new!

haha i used some UQW on some dress shoes the other day and it worked great!
        2007 Flint Mica Scion tC

Comment

I also have to plead guilty to doing my gym shoes.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

me too! i use the leather cleaner/conditioner on my shoes...
            and for my wifes bags to...

nice jordan 11!!! love those....
            Regards Voltaire

The shiny one from Zürich

Comment

I've still got a black/red stripe, Air Jordan Jacket from '86/87/88? Do you still see them around?

Comment

I've also used APC on my shoes.

I've even used Leather cleaner & Conditioner on my leather shoes.
                2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
                2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

Guilty also, Gold Class leather cleaner and conditioner on my Nikes.

Comment

You people are sad.
                    Shane
                    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                      You people are sad.
                      I guess I shouldn't mention that I polished my PS3 with M205 and topped with NXT 2.0.

2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
                      2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

Another one on using Megs products on shoes - I keep my white Adidas Driving Shoes clean and soft with Gold Class Cleaner/Conditioner and a toothbrush. They look (and certainly feel) better than new.

I also use Quik Interior Detailer on my Laptop, LCD TVs, and cell phone, among other things.
                        I just used UQD and UQW on my old tube style TV. The UQW seems to be greatly reducing the amount of dust that clings.

A few years ago I also polished our bedroom furniture (high gloss lacquer) with M7/yellow polishing pad and waxed it with NXT.

Shameless detailaholic here.
                        If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to record the event, how can you be certain that there was a tree or even a forest to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin A View Post
                          Another one on using Megs products on shoes - I keep my white Adidas Driving Shoes clean and soft with Gold Class Cleaner/Conditioner and a toothbrush. They look (and certainly feel) better than new.

I also use Quik Interior Detailer on my Laptop, LCD TVs, and cell phone, among other things.
                          I just used UQD and UQW on my old tube style TV. The UQW seems to be greatly reducing the amount of dust that clings.

A few years ago I also polished all my bedroom furniture (high gloss lacquer) with M83 and waxed it with NXT.

Shameless detailaholic here.
                          I think in order to be qualified as a Pro Detailer or a Car Crazy one, you have to use car care products on everything else in the house.
                          2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
                          2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Comment

Originally posted by Caress Detailing View Post
                            I think in order to be qualified as a Pro Detailer or a Car Crazy one, you have to use car care products on everything else in the house.
                            LOL so true. I also use Stoner Invisible Glass on all the windows, and also on the glass top stove.
                            Car Crazy is quite the accurate description for most of us. Hell, I've spent at least 15 hours over the past week trying to bring my new old porsche back from the dead and plan to spend about that again this week .

I think when I get home on Wednesday I might detail my Xbox 360 controllers with QID and seal them with UQW .

How does your PS3 look?
                            If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to record the event, how can you be certain that there was a tree or even a forest to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin A View Post
                              LOL so true. I also use Stoner Invisible Glass on all the windows, and also on the glass top stove.
                              Car Crazy is quite the accurate description for most of us. Hell, I've spent at least 15 hours over the past week trying to bring my new old porsche back from the dead and plan to spend about that again this week .

I think when I get home on Wednesday I might detail my Xbox 360 controllers with QID and seal them with UQW .

How does your PS3 look?
                              The PS3 is swirl-free, scratch-free, and probably shinier than 90% of my customer's cars lol

I would also hit the same process on my 360, but it's not even painted.
                              2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
                              2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');