• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 Saturn Ion Redline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Saturn Ion Redline

Got a hold of a 2005 Ion redline yesterday. It's owned by a good friend's wife, and he wanted it detailed while in between switching rear wings. So I traded a detail job for his services in building me a detailing website. This car had some remarkably hard clear on it, might have to do with their dent resistant panels I guess. Had to run over the car about 3 times with Meguiars 83 and an orange lcs pad to put a dent in most of the swirls and small scratches. Car has been pretty neglected it's entire life, wife never really washes it. Here are the pics

Here's what she looked like when I got her.

First up were the wheels. These things probably haven't seen soap in 8 months!
    Before

Now time to bring her under the lights. But before I did, had to clay bar. Let me tell you, this was the worst car I ever had to clay. It literally felt like 600 grit sand paper on the entire hood!!!

After a couple of passes....looking better!

And a couple of 50/50 shots. The second one is harder to see, but the dividing line is in between the two lights.

Ready for the Zaino!

And some after shots! It's a shame it was rainy and cloudy all day yesterday. Got a little bit of sunshine, but nothing that I could get some direct shots on the paint with.

Re: 2005 Saturn Ion Redline

Huge improvement. The Saturn looks great.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

very nice work. looks great
      Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Agreed with everyone, Looks awesome. I worked on a Black one about 4 months ago and it was alot of fun except the back part with the spoiler. The owner asked if I could do anything about the trim/plasitc on the bottom fog lights but nothing really but to paint it. I see that car has that problem as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fischer View Post
          Agreed with everyone, Looks awesome. I worked on a Black one about 4 months ago and it was alot of fun except the back part with the spoiler. The owner asked if I could do anything about the trim/plasitc on the bottom fog lights but nothing really but to paint it. I see that car has that problem as well.

Yup, common problem. Spent about 15 minutes with some back to black with no luck!

Comment

That was very good work!

I like the light rig.

I've never heard of,or seen Saturn ION Redline here.Is it manufactured in the states?
            Last edited by Eddie6th; Jul 10, 2009, 05:44 PM. Reason: info

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
              That was very good work!

I like the light rig.

I've never heard of,or seen Saturn ION Redline here.Is it manufactured in the states?
              I think so, All I know is it has a 2.2L (?) engine with a SuperCharger, I guess Saturns version of the Cobalt SS.

Fast little cars, that's for sure.

Comment

I think so, All I know is it has a 2.2L (?) engine with a SuperCharger, I guess Saturns version of the Cobalt SS.

Thanks Fischer...It's a nice lookin' car!

Comment

It's actually a 2.0L s/c ecotec engine called the LSJ. The ion redline was actually out a few years before the cobalt SS/SC.

Comment

looks great

Comment

Great job, Batering is always good

Comment

Looks really good. I like these cars a lot. Which spoiler did they switch to? I know a lot of owners put the Cobalt SS high rise on it...
                        -James
                        2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
                          Looks really good. I like these cars a lot. Which spoiler did they switch to? I know a lot of owners put the Cobalt SS high rise on it...
                          He didn't like the ungodly huge wing. Added to the ricer appearance to the car and also hindered seeing out the back of the car. He traded someone with a base ion for their low profile wing for his. We're almost done with the website. Should post it up on here in a few days.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');