• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Rid Of The Red for Dummies:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Rid Of The Red for Dummies:

Gang,

Ever do a search and find the paper you were looking for? That one article for a new member and just can't wait to publish it for them?

Ever want to get rid of the red lettering in the thread from the search?

It's easy, follow these easy steps then wammo, no more red!

Do a search as normal:
    Search a Forum For Dummies
    Advanced Search For Dummies

After your search, select the thread you were searching for. In this case, I looked up All Season Dressing as there was a great paper by Brandon aka GB387. Brandon used different dressings for tires. He had length of time on tire, rainy day results and pictures. It is great information for new members and see detailed pictures of what Brandon did. It actually helped me with choosing the tire dressing I use now.

Well, back to the tutorial:

After your search, the thread you picked looks like this: See the pesky red Season and Dressing ?

See the address bar I highlighted? There is something on there I noticed that takes care of those pesky red letters in a jiffy!

Highlight the part of the address after the thread number: &highlight=season+dressing and delete it. If your searching for "Wool Pads" delete the extension the same, just make sure not to delete any of the post number...Basically anything after the number beginning with the "&"

Now that that part of the code is missing from the address bar and your cursor still in the address bar, simply press the Enter button and......

Ta Da! the page reloads without the extension and you now have a red letter free post to link up......

If you noticed, I had 4 tabs going, one for the post by Brandon (to capture screen shots), a tab for this thread, a tab for my gallery (to upload) and I had one up for my other for "Dummies" threads to copy their links from the address bar.....Just a tip when your searching for an article for someone to post.....

Seems silly eh? LOL

I search a lot for different threads and I hate linking them when all the red lettering is there, probably just me.

But hey! if it helps you, then I'm happy!

L8R

Aaron
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Re: Get Rid Of The Red for Dummies:

Thanks Aaron, I actually never knew that!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');