• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paste NXT Wax vs. Liquid NXT Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paste NXT Wax vs. Liquid NXT Wax

What (if any) advantages does the NXT Paste Wax have over the NXT liquid wax.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if there is a reason to switch from the liquid (which I already use and love) to the new paste wax that is coming out in '05.
    2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Hi 03TRDBlack,

I have not used the new paste wax version yet. I'm hoping to get some samples next week. I think the only difference in the products will be in their form not their function.

Some people prefer the aesthetics of applying a paste wax, some people prefer the ease of application, (especially by machine), of a liquid.

Stay tuned for more information in the very near futures.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Both are good products and I beleive most proffesionals will agree that neither one is necesarily better.

Paste wax can be a little faster to use, but IMHO has one significant drawback that I brought up a while ago. With paste, you are constantly taking the applicator back and forth from your surface to the wax itself, which could possibly introduce some kind of dirt or contaminate to the wax.

Ideally, your paint should be totally free of any dirt, but that isn't always the case. If you use a product like NXT as a one step product (without cleaning and polishing first) you are most likely going to see the applicator turn grey as some of the cleaning agents will remove more contaminates that washing does not.

Anyway, I'm rambling on here, but this is just my take on it. I prefer liquid wax simply because the wax in the bottle has no contact with the applicator. Hope this helps.

Slats
      -------------
      John 17:3
      -------------

Comment

Mike beat me!
        -------------
        John 17:3
        -------------

Comment

Originally posted by Slats
          Paste wax can be a little faster to use, but IMHO has one significant drawback that I brought up a while ago. With paste, you are constantly taking the applicator back and forth from your surface to the wax itself, which could possibly introduce some kind of dirt or contaminate to the wax.
          Yes, I've noticed this. Vigilance is required. It's one thing to clean contaminants out of a $3 tub of Kit, and another to clean them from a $60 jar of Souveran.

Tom
          As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
            Yes, I've noticed this. Vigilance is required. It's one thing to clean contaminants out of a $3 tub of Kit, and another to clean them from a $60 jar of Souveran.

Tom
            How do you like the pinnacle Souveran? I have been wanting to give it a try for a while, just haven't been able to conivce myself it is worth the financial investment to give it a try.

Comment

Well,

This probably isn't the place to discuss it. I'll PM you or email you.

Tom
              As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Souveran is an excellent product, especially as a topper over NXT. I usually apply it with a 9006 pad (I turn the souveran jar upside down to put the wax in the lid and swipe it across the pad). It will add a depth of shine that is awesome BUT will not last very long. It also doesn't have a slickness that NXT does.

Best applied right before a show for my use.
                Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

difference in cleaning ability?

Which one among Paste NXT Wax and Liquid NXT Wax has more cleaning ability?

Comment

I prefer the paste and I use it with my PC I like how it seems to glide on to the paint and the paste can seems it will last much longer.... I use a spoon to apply the paste to my pads one reason is its easier the other is to help prevent the contamination.

As for cleaning with NXT I have noticed very little if any ability to clean but I try to prep well before NXT.
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');