• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2.0 and Random Orbital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT 2.0 and Random Orbital

New guy here. Sure this has been asked before, quick search didnt turn up an answer. Can NXT 2.0 be applied with a Random Orbital Buffer ? Any tips/tricks ?
    Semper Fi !!!!
    1stSgt. U.S.M.C. (Ret)(1974-1995)
    2006 Black/Black Corvette, Z51, 3LT

Re: NXT 2.0 and Random Orbital

Yes of course u can do that.

Comment

You sure can Top! The RO's main purpose in life is to make your hands less tired by applying the wax faster, no real corrective properties with it, just spreads the wax more effeciently then your hands.
      For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Check this out...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Skoda Roomster

Comment

A Random Orbital's only purpose basically is to apply Waxes...

You can Apply and Remove Wax using a "RO"

Still need to clean the pad "on the fly" and Apply the right amount to the pad/bonnet
          Matt

Comment

Can you apply polishes with RO? Not polishes with paint correction/cutting purposes, but polishes that only polish (i.e. M7)

Comment

Originally posted by agp423 View Post
              Can you apply polishes with RO? Not polishes with paint correction/cutting purposes, but polishes that only polish (i.e. M7)

An Orbital buffer is only good for spreading out something across the surface such as a wax or sealant. Your gonna want to work the pure polish into the paint but the goal isnt to remove swirls but to create a deep dark wet looking paint finish,

So I guess an orbital would work but I bet it would work even better by hand or on the D.A with a finishing pad.
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I have seen a 3200RPM that is powerful enough to polish paint with a terry cloth bonnet. There are a lot of orbital buffers out there; some are powerful, some not. The more powerful ones do just fine in removing swirls.

I let my son learn to polish his BMW 330i using SwirlX and a random orbital, and the 3200rpm orbital is powerful enough to remove light swirls without much effort.

Comment

So I'm assuming the Porter Cable 7424 and the Meguiars polisher don't count for waxing?

Comment

I would give it two thumbs up! I used the Megs DA for apply and removal of both Liquid Polish and NXT and it worked wonderful, no complaints and saved hours over the hand job that it once was. Try it you will like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Belinda3 View Post
                      So I'm assuming the Porter Cable 7424 and the Meguiars polisher don't count for waxing?
                      Actually, they are excellant for applying waxes. It's much easier to achieve a THIN, uniform, even coating with the PC. I have a PC 7336 and the only thing I do by hand is remove wax.
                      Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                        A Random Orbital's only purpose basically is to apply Waxes...
                        What??? I use my G110 for full correction especially with the use of M105/M205 along with the KBM.
                        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lightning View Post
                          Actually, they are excellant for applying waxes. It's much easier to achieve a THIN, uniform, even coating with the PC. I have a PC 7336 and the only thing I do by hand is remove wax.
                          Thanks SVT, that helps with my decision. lol
                          I'm assuming from what I've been reading I won't have to worry about doing any damage to the paint (swirls and whatever), just light pressure and that's it right?

Comment

Originally posted by Belinda3 View Post
                            Thanks SVT, that helps with my decision. lol
                            I'm assuming from what I've been reading I won't have to worry about doing any damage to the paint (swirls and whatever), just light pressure and that's it right?
                            Yup...just light pressure on speed 2-3. Use a finishing pad...#9006 I believe. I never wax by hand anymore...unless it's a tight space the pads won't fit into. Have fun!
                            Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');