• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stocking up...advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stocking up...advice needed

Hey I was at a local store yesterday that sells (some of) Meguair's products and noticed 25% off on:

Quik Interior Detailer
    M40 Vinyl & rubber cleaner/conditioner
    Natural Shine Vinyl/Rubber Protectant

I'm wanting to expand my Meguiar's arsenal and picked up a bottle of Quik Interior Detailer because I didn't have anything at all except a duster and a wet cloth to clean my interior (hurtin', I know). The sale is on until today and was contemplating going back and getting a 2nd bottle of QID. Does anybody here use this product and if so do you blow through it quickly?

As far and doing door seals and other misc. seals, how would you guys compare M40 vs Natural Shine? I'm thinking about picking up some but not both. Thanks.

Re: stocking up...advice needed

My choice would be the M40.

Comment

Originally posted by erobertson View Post
      My choice would be the M40.
      I was leaning towards the M40 instead of the Natual Shine...just feel better heard from someone else

I understand that the M40 is from the Professional line whereas Natural Shine isn't. I'll probably pick up a 2nd bottle of Quik Interior Detailer too and one bottle of M40 and try 'em out. Can't wait!

Comment

QID is great. You wont go through it super quick, but you will use it, so getting it on sale is good.

I would opt for #40 out of those 2, since it will be a little more durable on the exterior as well.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          QID is great. You wont go through it super quick, but you will use it, so getting it on sale is good.

I would opt for #40 out of those 2, since it will be a little more durable on the exterior as well.
          Thanks for the advice! I'm stockin' up after work today!!

Comment

Another vote for M40
            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Here is another vote for #40
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

I just bought a gallon of M40 a couple weeks ago and I already used half the gallon, good stuff.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I have all of these products.

I use QID as a maintenance cleanup weekly. Fast, easy, UV protection and no gloss or glare. Nice for restoring that original new look. I have three bottles on the shelf and love it.

I use M40 every time I do a full detail. This is a nice vinyl/rubber cleaner and conditioner. It leaves a very light sheen and aroma. Both dissipate in a day. I believe this product offers more UV protection than QID but can't fact check that. I use this in concert with M39 when the vinyl has gotten scuffed or soiled. This product also offers great protection on exterior vinyl and rubber. The trim on my 1991 MR2 looks like new and this is all I've used on it for the last 18 years. QID is not good for exterior use, IMO.

Natural Shine has a slightly higher sheen and looks great on areas other than the dash. I hate glare on the dash so I wouldn't use it there. It has a higher sheen than #40. I use NS on the tires of my MR2. It seems to have just the right look for that vehicle. Natural Shine is much less shiny than the latest Supreme Shine or the NXT Tech Protectant.

If anything I'd suggest that NS is not needed if you have the other two.
                  Jim
                  My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
                    I have all of these products.

I use QID as a maintenance cleanup weekly. Fast, easy, UV protection and no gloss or glare. Nice for restoring that original new look. I have three bottles on the shelf and love it.

I use M40 every time I do a full detail. This is a nice vinyl/rubber cleaner and conditioner. It leaves a very light sheen and aroma. Both dissipate in a day. I believe this product offers more UV protection than QID but can't fact check that. I use this in concert with M39 when the vinyl has gotten scuffed or soiled. This product also offers great protection on exterior vinyl and rubber. The trim on my 1991 MR2 looks like new and this is all I've used on it for the last 18 years. QID is not good for exterior use, IMO.

Natural Shine has a slightly higher sheen and looks great on areas other than the dash. I hate glare on the dash so I wouldn't use it there. It has a higher sheen than #40. I use NS on the tires of my MR2. It seems to have just the right look for that vehicle. Natural Shine is much less shiny than the latest Supreme Shine or the NXT Tech Protectant.

If anything I'd suggest that NS is not needed if you have the other two.
                    Wow thanks for the insight! What you said should be on the back of the bottles. Thanks for taking the time to write all that!

Do you mind me asking what your favorite method of applying QID and/or #40 is? For example, on a large surface like a dash I would assume spray on and then wipe around (microfiber cloth?). How about smaller narrow parts like hoses under the hood or narrow trim pieces?

Comment

I avoid spraying the dash because it's too easy to overspray product and hit the windshield. I just spray M40 on a microfiber or terry towl and apply. I will go over the dash with a clean microfiber after about 10 minutes or so (while I do other things) to reduce glare and even the dressing out. The one thing I hate more than glare off my dashboard is a streaky-looking dashboard.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates that glossy look on the dash. I've been using just a damp MF thoughout the interior, but needed some type of cleaner with UV protection that didn't add any type of finish. I picked up some QID earlier this week and will doing a nice cleaning this weekend

Comment

M40 does an excellent job on plastic parts and also cleans/conditions/protects all rubber trim, seals, and hoses. It's a great multi-purpose product that can be used on interiors, exteriors, and engine bays. No-brainer for me here...get the M40.

Comment

I love QID. It is, seriously, my favorite interior product. It doesn't make your interior greasy or blindingly shiny but it makes it feels clean and provides UV protection. I use it on my vinyl Landau top too.
                            James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                            Calais Auto Detailing
                            CalaisDetails@aim.com
                            www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Though I've used M40 quite a lot before on my own cars, I actually don't like the smell of it and how it turns my microfiber dirty yellow.

But, it really does clean pretty well and have excellent durability. Although I'm a hyper dressing guy now. I love the satin clean look that it offers.
                              2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
                              2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');