• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer is quite a value!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer is quite a value!

I tried M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer for the first time today. I must say my results were at least equal to, or perhaps even superior to, Ultimate Quik Detailer.

I ordered M135 in the gallon container, and was also pleased that I could add what I liked into a utility sprayer. I find the adjustable spray pattern of the utility sprayer to be more versatile than the extreme mist pattern put out by the retail 22 oz. UQD container.

Here's my cost of product analyses. They exclude local sales tax when buying at a retail outlet, and they also exclude applicable shipping costs when ordered on line. All costs figures are manufacturer's suggested retail and the resulting cost per ounce of the following were obtained:

Ultimate Quik Detailer $9.99/22 = $.45/oz.

M135 $10.49/16 = $.66/oz.

M135 $32.99/128 = $.26/oz.

Shopping around on the web, I was able to find the gallon of M135 for $25.95

M135 $25.95/128 = $.20/oz.

I first lightly dragged my red '08 Mazda MX-5 power hardtop (see also Miata, see also "chick car") with an Original California Car Duster. Using only one folded 16" x 16" micro fiber towel, my total time investment was exactly 15 minutes.

Having just invested in a gallon of M135, I thought I found my results to be just so ever slightly better than what had been previously attained with Ultimate Quik Detailer. Whether this tiny bit of "improvement" is purely subjective is still up for debate. The most important finding is that the M135 did a totally fantastic job and at a major cost savings. A savings that for me was significant enough to justify the outlay for the gallon container.

You can draw your own conclusions as to what most accurately meets your individual preferences and needs, but the significant per ounce savings are indisputable.

Just thought you'd like to know...
    "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
    BOB

Re: M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer is quite a value!

Good analysis. I agree and #135 is my favorite QD!

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

If you're getting good results and saving a few bucks at the same time....Way to go!

By the way,did you get round to claying your car yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post

By the way,did you get round to claying your car yet?
        I did, but got minimal results. Over a dozen coats of NXT apparently does the same on a new vehicle. It was a good learning experience for future reference though.
        "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
        BOB

Comment

Originally posted by RGP View Post
          I did, but got minimal results. Over a dozen coats of NXT apparently does the same on a new vehicle. It was a good learning experience for future reference though.

Your car didn't need claying then.I reckon it must have been kept indoors before you bought it,or hadn't spent much time,if any out in the dealer's lot.

It'll be handy in the future.Just make sure you keep the clay in an air tight container to keep it good.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
            Your car didn't need claying then.I reckon it must have been kept indoors before you bought it,or hadn't spent much time,if any out in the dealer's lot.

It'll be handy in the future.Just make sure you keep the clay in an air tight container to keep it good.
            Nah. Hiroshima covered nearly the entire vehicle in plastic. She's totally pristine.

Good tip on the storage of clay. Thank you!

P.S. Spell checker isn't highlighting the word in question. I just did updates which Microsoft suggested two nights ago. All of a sudden; this problem. Anyone else experiencing this????
            BOB

Comment

im waiting until ADS opens up tomorrow and im placing my order in ASAP!

i go through UQD so fast that getting M135 is gonna save me time and money in the long run.
              2007 Flint Mica Scion tC

Comment

Originally posted by FLINTstone View Post
                im waiting until ADS opens up tomorrow and im placing my order in ASAP!

i go through UQD so fast that getting M135 is gonna save me time and money in the long run.
                That's where I got it. It's c. six bucks freight, but still a great deal. I also got the generic Meguiar's spray bottle. Hope you enjoy as much as I did!
                BOB

Comment

#135 is a great deal. IMO. There is a lot of pluses to getting the gallon size.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

So if M135 is roughly the same as UQD, does that mean it would be better to buy the Synthetic Sealant over the NXT?

Comment

UQD is the one spray on product that leaves my paint the absolute slickest it can possibly be. I'm finally about to run out of it so I will be buying some M135. So many people are reporting how great it is, I'm sure I'll end up buying the gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by 240SX View Post
                        So if M135 is roughly the same as UQD, does that mean it would be better to buy the Synthetic Sealant over the NXT?
                        Not unless you machine apply.
                        BOB

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');