• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Glass Cleaner vs Rain-X's new 2-in-1 Glass Cleaner with Rain Repellent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Glass Cleaner vs Rain-X's new 2-in-1 Glass Cleaner with Rain Repellent

I've been using NXT Glass Cleaner for over a year, and was thinking of trying Rain-X window treatment (that I never used before), which you can buy with new style/formula as 2-in-1 Glass Cleaner with Rain Repellent in 2 different ways (foaming & spray bottle).

So my question(s) are for those that already tried this new formula & NXT glass cleaner

1. What work's better Rain-X original windows treatment or new formula 2-in-1 glass cleaner with rain repellent?
    &
    2. Your opinion on Rain-X's 2-in-1 Glass Cleaner with Rain Repellent vs NXT Glass Cleaner?

thanks, Ned
    '96 Ford Probe GT-T
    ET Extreme Graphics - Simple Superior

Re: NXT Glass Cleaner vs Rain-X's new 2-in-1 Glass Cleaner with Rain Repellent

1. I like the Original... couldn't get the 2-in-1 to stop streaking to even test it out.

EDIT: I probably could get it to step, but if I have to do extra steps, then I may as well do extra steps with the Original.

2. The new stuff is useless in my opinion, just smears around. And that is on my glass, which is always clean.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have never tried the NXT glass cleaner, but I use the RainX 2 in 1. I only use it on the outside of my windows. I have never had any problems with it. RainX definitely repels water better than the RainX 2 in 1. I Sparkle glass cleaner on the inside. I got the sparkle from when I worked at a car wash. It's good stuff.

Comment

I hear they have a RainX Glass Cleaner in a cream like form now.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I'm trying to find best combination when it comes to window treatments, after searching here at MOL and few other sites I narrowed it down to 3 brands: Meguiar's, Stoner & Rain-X (not including PPG Aquapel since it's availability).

Or should I say from these products:
          1. NXT Glass Cleaner
          2. Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner with Rain Repellent
          3. Stoner Invisible Glass Aerosol Can
          4. Rain-X Original Glas Treatment (trigger spray bottle, bottle, wipes & towelette)
          5. Rain-X Glass Cleaner
          6. Rain-X 2-in-1 Glass Cleaner with Rain Reppellent (foaming & trigger spray bottle)

What do you use from these above mentioned products & how do you use it?

So guy's what do you prefer trigger spray bottle or foaming glass cleaner's?
          '96 Ford Probe GT-T
          ET Extreme Graphics - Simple Superior

Comment

My favorite is NXT Glass Cleaner. Gonna place an order for a gallon of the Detailer Line glass cleaner soon too.

If I dont have NXT on hand I use IG.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I use Nxt followed by 2 coats of RainX.

1. Just a light mist of Nxt on my cloth, and wipe around.
              2. Apply the RainX on a paper towel and wipe around. Let dry a few minutes.
              3. Give a very quick buff off, not worrying about removing much/all product.
              4. Apply Rainx again.
              5. Wipe window with a damp MF cloth, then a dry MF cloth.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

RainX glass cleaner with rain repellent was the worst product RainX ever developed IMO. I ended up returning it where I bought it as it seemingly had no rain repellent characteristics whatsoever.

In fact, it REMOVED the application of Rainx I had on initially. I was hoping the above mentioned would maintain it.

Stoner's regular IG aerosol makes a top notch glass cleaner used with MF towels. I now use Ultimate Wipes to clean my glass. I then use a regular cotton wash cloth to apply Rainx. I apply to the windshield, wait a few minutes and then re-apply. After waiting a few more minutes I use a damp cotton wash cloth to remove the haze. Works well for me.
                Last edited by MyFirstES300; Jun 21, 2009, 05:35 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');