• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 Cutlass Calais

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 Cutlass Calais

Don't be too harsh, it's my first car and it is still a work in process. You should have seen the oxidation on the paint before I got it (absolutely no shine). I put a new vinyl top on and just replaced half the grill. This was not a complete detail, but close to it. Tips, tricks and advice would be wonderful!

Surprisingly people really wanted to see my car so, as promised:

James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com
    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Re: 1979 Cutlass Calais

Sorry about the picture quality, I don't have a camera yet (I have to resort to my camera-phone).
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Your car looks great. Being a northern car you would expect it to look like a 30 year old. Yours looks as good as it did coming off the showroom floor. It looks great.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
        Your car looks great. Being a northern car you would expect it to look like a 30 year old. Yours looks as good as it did coming off the showroom floor. It looks great.
        It's originally from Pennsylvania and say idle in a Brooklyn backyard for ~year. The man who it was bought from in Pennsylvania bought it from the show room in '78.
        Calais Auto Detailing
        CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

At last Calais! We see your car. Good work! As you say,you had a lot to do.Detailing takes time.
          I like the wheels.Really nice!

Nice clean interior too....

In the past you mentioned what your neighbours thought about your car..Hey it's a cool machine!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
            At last Calais! We see your car. Good work! As you say,you had a lot to do.Detailing takes time.
            I like the wheels.Really nice!

Nice clean interior too....

In the past you mentioned what your neighbours thought about your car..Hey it's a cool machine!!!!
            You were who I had in mind when I made this thread. You asked for pics; here they are.

I love the wheels too, a close up will show you how pitted and scratched they are but from a reasonable distance they look fine.

Most of my neighbors, classmates and co-workers do not understand why I would want a car like the one I have instead of a newer car. I guess some people just don't get it. My neighbors also think I am a maniac for the amount of time I spend detailing it.
            Calais Auto Detailing
            CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

car looks good..

how many comments have you received about rubbing the paint off of it?? I get that about once a month..
              Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Great work! Love to see the older cars being taken care of and improved. Nice job

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
                  car looks good..

how many comments have you received about rubbing the paint off of it?? I get that about once a month..
                  3 this week. Literally every time I'm outside washing, polishing or waxing. One neighbor that said it has a 1992 Thunderbird with the worst clear-coat failure I've ever seen. Literally 90% of the clear-coat on her hood and trunk lid has already peeled off.
                  Calais Auto Detailing
                  CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
                    Great work! Love to see the older cars being taken care of and improved. Nice job
                    Thank you very much, I feel the very same way.
                    Calais Auto Detailing
                    CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Very nice looking ride! One of my first cars was a 1977 Cutlass. Last year of the big ones, loved that car! I always liked the rally wheels on the Oldsmobiles. Yours looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by dave40co View Post
                        Very nice looking ride! One of my first cars was a 1977 Cutlass. Last year of the big ones, loved that car! I always liked the rally wheels on the Oldsmobiles. Yours looks great!
                        A lot of people used to have a Cutlass as their first car apparently, people travel back in time when they enter/see my car. I get tons of questions when I enter a parking lot "is that a '80?" "how many miles you got on that beauty?" "where the hell did you find that?" "you got the V6 or the V8?". I happily answer them.

Thank you very much.
                        Calais Auto Detailing
                        CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

That is a nice car . I always liked the style of that Olds. The color is perfect too.

Comment

Wow! That looks great! That's a really neat car. Good to see an older car that is well cared for. My Cutty is still going strong. Yes, it was/is my first car. I've had it for over 4 years. Keep up the good work!
                            Shane
                            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Nice job!!! I miss those style of car!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');