• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

autoLavish: 2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe in Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autoLavish: 2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe in Red

So the (previous) owner called my Thursday night. Car is going to be a graduation present on Saturday morning, so it needs to be done Friday. I can get there Friday late morning... I expect it to be a typical Honda red, relatively soft and easy to correct with one step...

No water at the locale, but luckily a quarter car wash down the road. So we start with the engine. APC at 4:1, some Super Degreaser where needed, brushes and high pressure water. The Daytona Speed Master brush works awesome here, although the pic shows the Deep Reach wooden one. I have one for wheels and one for engines. I also have the Deep Reach brushes, and find they "break down" and become stiff after using them a few times and letting them dry. So I end up using them for harder grime or factory coated wheels. So far the Daytona brush has lasted beyond 5 washes and it's hair is still supple and "full of body" if you will. Kinda like I was back when I was a teenager You never figure you need to spend extra $ on brushes until you use them every day :/

The engine was then doused in Megs Hyper Dressing at 2:1 for a satin shine:
    Wheels were cleaned with Megs Wheel Brightener then rinsed with high pressure water. Something I should have done was to pre-treat the wheels prior to the wheel brightening process. Some tar buildup was not going to come off without really getting in there.
    before:

after

Next was the Interior. This civic has some very nice, supportive seats, trimmed with alcantara and techno-cloth. I love the driving position, the feel of the steering wheel and its diameter, the instrument location, except the digital readout :/ Oh and the A-pillar window-lettes. Makes the car feel large, far away in some way. Still, interior materials and fit and finish is the best on any civic... The interior was vacuumed, cleaned with DP Interior Cleaner, and protected with DP Interior Protector, which has worked great for me on all the Hondas I've done (and my S2000)...

seats still unbrushed, ups!:

my steering wheel stitching shot:

Now it was on to the exterior. Civic was taped up ready for bondage:

good from far...

far from good...

after one pass with Menzerna Intensive Polish on a white CCW pad via PC7424:

...but wanted more bite. So I upped to an orange pad with the same combo:

...then topped with 2 coats of Pinnacle Sourveran Carnauba:

Re: autoLavish: 2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe in Red

Excellent work. Car looks nice and wet!

Comment

The Honda looks great. The paint really pops. Great job.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

That red looks NICE!
        -James
        2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');