• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachments

Hi,

Attended the Saturday detailing class in Irvine. Fantastic!!!! I have a couple of photos to upload but attachments are disabled in my profile. Can you please advise how to fix this. Thanks

Chris
    CMB41
    Chris B.

Re: Attachments

Yeah, what you have to do is upload the pics into the Gallery, and then just insert the photo's link into the message.

You should see the Gallery link in the gold bar, then go to your gallery, and upload them.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Attachments

Hi Chris,

I remember we talked about this at the class.

The "Attach File" option is turned off for everyone. We understand it makes it quick and easy to add a photo to your thread but what it does is loads the pictures into the forum database and swells the size of the database overtime and can cause problems down the road.

Since we've been in business as a company for over 100 years we figured we better implement a better system for the forum for the next 100 years and that means having a database for the forum, (primary text), and a database for pictures, that's our Photopost Gallery.

This means a person has to resize their photos and then upload them into the gallery. Now that the pictures have a place on the World Wide Web, you can then "Insert" them into your message instead of "Attach" them to your message.

Yes it requires more work to add a picture for everyone, (including me), but it's the right way to run a forum with the big picture in mind.

Photo Gallery Stats

This is why we wrote these articles on working with photos on forums and for the most part the things you learn in these tutorial you can use on any forum. (We also keep this link on the forum homepage to make them easy to find for everyone)

How to place a picture into your message
      Digital cameras are GREAT! But if you don't know how to get your pictures off your computer and into your messages nobody's going to ever get to see your really cool pictures.
      Working with photos on discussion forums

Hope to see some pictures!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');