• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Movie had the best car chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Movie had the best car chase

For me, it's the Dukes of Hazzard, hands down.

Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
      Manhunter is one of my all time favorite movies. I like it even better than the excellent Silence of the Lambs.
      Yes I liked both,but Manhunter was better.The music was great too.Unfortunatley,it was only released on cassette and is discontinued,but the whole soundtrack is on youtube! Shreikback---Evaporation!

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
        For me, it's the Dukes of Hazzard, hands down.

As long as it's the original,yes.I can't stand remakes!

Comment

Originally posted by lariat View Post
          Check out "Vanishing Point" circa 1970!!......

I remember that one too. Was Petroccelli(can't remember the actors name) who starred in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
            As long as it's the original,yes.I can't stand remakes!
            Oh yeah, definitely referring to the original TV series. Haven't seen any of the remakes. Every episode of the Dukes had a good chase scene!
            Shane

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I just checked youtube and its just theatrical trailers for Dirty Mary,Crazy Larry.Crazy Song!

Comment

So far,so good, 'Bullit' Always was,is and will be!

Comment

The only one of those movies I've seen is Bullitt. Cool chase scene. I'd love to have that black Charger!

Minus the dent, of course.
                  Shane

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                    The only one of those movies I've seen is Bullitt. Cool chase scene. I'd love to have that black Charger!

Minus the dent, of course.
                    Another interesting point: The guy driving the charger,was actually the 'stunt driver' for the movie(can't remember his name).He did a lot of others to,including the French Connection,in which he also starred.

Comment

Could you be thinking of Bill Hickman?
                      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                      --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                        Could you be thinking of Bill Hickman?

I read a full article from a car magazine about ten years ago,regarding the Bullit chase scene.I can't remember every detail,so I pulled this from the web:
                        As director Peter Yates prepared to begin filming the chase scenes, there were four drivers, McQueen, Bud Elkins, Bill Hickman, and in a few scenes, Carey Loftin. Loren Janes tells up, "Carey Loftin was easily the best car man in the business. He brought in Bill Hickman to play a part and drive the other car."

Yes,BH. Another thing was that the cars were all spot welded and reinforced.So I wouldn't try it!

I'm a bit surprised,no one has chosen 'The Driver'.Okay,the actual film storyline wasn't as good,but the car scenes were really well filmed.The camera shots from the bumper views were excellent.
                        "Well done for trashing that horrible bright orange Merc!" Nice color,wrong car.

Comment

How bout the car chase from the 1973 movie "the Seven-Ups" starring Roy Schider.
                          this car chase is from the 1973 movie "the seven- ups" starring Roy Schider. this chase features a 1969 pontiac ventura driving after a pontiac grand ville ...

Comment

Originally posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
                            How bout the car chase from the 1973 movie "the Seven-Ups" starring Roy Schider.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmHxf4H-kLI

Thanks for mentioning that one! I used to have a copy of that on VHS,and I couldn't remember the name.

Thanks for the link...

Comment

Nice Ending....Ouch!

That was Bill Hickman again in the pontiac grand ville.

Was the other called the Ventura?
                              Last edited by Eddie6th; Jun 7, 2009, 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

i like the Italian Job chases, those small mini coopers speeding around the mall and sewers were awesome!
                                Ganesa,
                                Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');