• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premium Detailed black 2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT!! I am a big fan of D151!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premium Detailed black 2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT!! I am a big fan of D151!

As the title states I am now a big fan of D151, Paint Reconditioning Cream! I never really bothered to use the gallon I bought 4 months ago until yesterday. I tried a few test sections here and there, but never really gave it a chance. I was called on Monday to detail a 2003 black Cadillac Escalade EXT. The owner stated on the phone that she wanted a full detail and she wanted the paint polished with the “little circle thing” (LOL). I booked her for a full day and told her that a full detail was no problem, but I would have to let her know what I think she needs on the paint when I get the truck washed and clayed. I got there and got the truck washed and clayed and recommended a 2 step correction process and told her that her 24” Asanti chrome wheels could use a good polishing. I presented her with a new price and she declined the 2 step. I then proceeded to look in my polish bin and search for a product that would give me good results in only 1 step. I spotted a 6oz bottle for D151 that looked a little lonely and I decided to try it out on a quarter of the hood. I did the section and went ahead and did the whole passenger side of the hood. I then pulled the truck outside and WOW! I was amazed at how well it corrected. I used my G110 and a 6.5” green ffice:smarttags" />Lake Country pad on speed 6. I went ahead and left the D151 as my LSP. This client was impressed by the result of the detail and wanted to book a maintenance detail once a week so I will pay attention to what kind of longevity I get out of D151. I didn’t take too many pictures, but I did get a few good 50/50 shots.

Here is a shot before D151

Now one after!

One in the middle of the two.

Here is a during shot. After wash and clay, but before polishing.

I liked this finished shot.

I just wanted to touch a little on hack detailers. Worthless! Is it that hard to remove all wax residue before you hand over the keys? When I arrived to this detail I noticed that the truck had lots and lots of wax residue everywhere. I didn’t ask questions I just pointed it out to the client and told her that it wouldn’t be there when I was done. See pics below.

I mean seriously! Is it that hard to just wipe all of it off? I just don’t see it! I would NEVER leave a vehicle looking like this, but hey, my standards are much higher than the “industry standard!”

Thanks for looking!

Re: Premium Detailed black 2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT!! I am a big fan of D151!

Nice job!
    I'm glad someone likes 151, I've heard different.

Comment

Great work as usual. Paint looks great. I have used #151 a couple of times. Was very satisfied with the results. Once again great work on the Escalade.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

WOW, D151 did a great job!! I bet you made her feel like she got MORE than she paid for, good going!
        Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Love those SUV-truck hybrids!

Comment

Interested in hearing more about your process with the D151 as I have a customer's car here that only wants a one-step correction. What speeds were you using on the orbital (6 for correction all the way thru or slower later for jeweling)? How did you apply and remove (let dry to a haze like a wax or wipe off immediately like a polish)? How long did you work the product over a section (number of passes, work till clear, etc)?

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
              Interested in hearing more about your process with the D151 as I have a customer's car here that only wants a one-step correction. What speeds were you using on the orbital (6 for correction all the way thru or slower later for jeweling)? How did you apply and remove (let dry to a haze like a wax or wipe off immediately like a polish)? How long did you work the product over a section (number of passes, work till clear, etc)?

Thanks in advance...
              Thanks everyone!

Bounty, I used speed 6 and never lowered it for the whole detail. Your definition of a "pass" and mine may be different, but I broke the polish down in 2x2 sections and it took about 4 to 5 passes per section. I worked it until it was pretty much broken down, but there was still enough left to dry to a haze and remove. Removal was kind of difficult, but not bad enough to be concerned about. I had to spray the residue with Megs Last Touch to get it all off. Not a big deal, but it didnt want to come completely off with just a fresh, dry, microfiber. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Premium View Post
                Thanks everyone!

Bounty, I used speed 6 and never lowered it for the whole detail. Your definition of a "pass" and mine may be different, but I broke the polish down in 2x2 sections and it took about 4 to 5 passes per section. I worked it until it was pretty much broken down, but there was still enough left to dry to a haze and remove. Removal was kind of difficult, but not bad enough to be concerned about. I had to spray the residue with Megs Last Touch to get it all off. Not a big deal, but it didnt want to come completely off with just a fresh, dry, microfiber. I hope this is what you were looking for.
                Thank you brother! Exactly what I needed. I'll be using the Flex and a CCS Green pad so hoping for similar correction as it'll be on the typically equally hard paint of a 2007 Audi 2.0T I have here this weekend. I'll follow your suggested procedure for application and I have plenty of Last Touch on hand in case it wants to get tough on removal...

I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again and great job on that Caddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                  Thank you brother! Exactly what I needed. I'll be using the Flex and a CCS Green pad so hoping for similar correction as it'll be on the typically equally hard paint of a 2007 Audi 2.0T I have here this weekend. I'll follow your suggested procedure for application and I have plenty of Last Touch on hand in case it wants to get tough on removal...

I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again and great job on that Caddy!
                  No problem at all! I am excited to meet you at my meet July 11th.

Comment

Nice job on the Caddy! Couldn't believe all that wax residue that "detailer" left over!
                    Shane
                    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I'm also a big fan of D151, sadly it gets overlooked quite a bit on MOL. I know that M105/M205 are great products, but I really think D151 is one of the best products Megs has in their lineup.
                      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

another vote for D151. Almost done with my gallon. So far, very satisfied with it.
                        Learning new things everyday

Comment

Great work on the Caddie!! After seeing what your capable of maybe she'll go for the two step for her next full detail.

If I was her, I would've gave that other "detailer" a piece of my mind after seeing all the leftover residue......especially on the Escalade badge, how could you not miss that! This is all about paying attention to detail...not wham bam pay my ma'am!
                          For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Premium View Post
                              No problem at all! I am excited to meet you at my meet July 11th.

AWW man, there is a meet on my Bday!! I wanna go!!
                              Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');